Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby movement - a little worried

(7 Posts)
beck3001 Mon 27-Mar-17 09:30:30

So, I'm 30 weeks now and I was feeling slight movements, little taps and so on and I could usually feel where baby was as my stomach was much harder in that area.
The last few days it feels like baby has moved back.. as in further towards my back. I can't feel where he is or much movement.

I don't know what to think as I'm only 20 weeks and this is my first pregnancy so don't know what's the norm!!
Any advice?

harleysmammy Mon 27-Mar-17 09:54:30

Are you 20 or 30 weeks? At 20 weeks, they're not supposed to move every day so not many midwives will do anything, not until at least 28 weeks but i felt movement everyday at 20 weeks so i know its worrying when they dont. Phone your midwife and even if she doesnt put you on the actual monitor she can listen to the heartbeat to reassure you x

beck3001 Mon 27-Mar-17 09:56:29

Sorry mistyped. I'm 20 weeks. That's why I didn't want to worry too much as I know it's still early to feel regular movements.
Thank you

thewindisfullofghosts Mon 27-Mar-17 10:00:52

Harley is right, at 20 weeks you may not feel regular movement. But just to be on the safe side, call your midwife or the antenatal unit and get yourself checked out. It is always a good idea to go in if something doesn't seem right. In all likelihood everything is absolutely fine, but if nothing else it will give you some peace of mind.

FrizzBombDelight Mon 27-Mar-17 10:10:47

Try not to worry too much because even now at 30 weeks I still get "quiet" days. Sometimes I can feel hard lumps but most of the time my belly feels like a water balloon with nothing in it. Definitely give your mw a buzz for advice, they don't mind and would rather you were cautious.

beck3001 Mon 27-Mar-17 14:45:54

Thanks ladies!

I know dopplers are not recommended but I thought if I pick up a heartbeat then great, reassured and if I didn't try or didn't pick it up then I'd be on the phone to the midwife anyway so didn't have much to lose by trying!
Luckily I definitely heard a strong heartbeat!
He will probably start moving again now too.. like a little panic test! Haha.
Thank you again!

Happyandhungry Mon 27-Mar-17 14:56:51

I use my angel sounds on quiet days, always got a strong heart beat from about 20 ish weeks and was a nice way to put my mind at ease. Its early though 20 weeks so dont panic. I'm at 38 weeks and still have quiet days and days where baby has moved towards my back. Best bet is to lie flat and use a torch on your belly or just give baby a poke, but at 20 weeks this probably won't do much yet. I always find my baby moves a lot in the bath too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now