Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ill whilst pregnant

(6 Posts)
MSH2010 Sun 26-Mar-17 21:10:45

Please can anyone offer advise or tips. 12wks with twins. Supposed viral throat infection but it's now gone to my sinuses. Paracetamol sleep and milkshake just aren't doing anything. I can't remember ever feeling so ill and run down. I was back at the out of hours doctors today as my head pressure was unbearable but there's just nothing they can do. I've had 4 days off work already and there's no way I'll have the strength to go back tomorrow

MrsY87 Sun 26-Mar-17 21:19:54

I'm 16 weeks and have been suffering with similar, I really feel for you as it's horrible. I've found sitting with my head over a bowl of boiling water and inhaling the steam has helped to clear my sinuses, my GP recommended I do this. lots of hot orange, lemon and honey and then just rest. My GP said it can last a good couple of weeks, normally peaking around 7 days so hopefully you'll start to feel better soon.

DancingUnicorn Sun 26-Mar-17 21:20:39

I'm sorry, that sounds awful. Try putting some olbas oil in warm water and letting the steam near you? (Ideally, in a bowl with a towel over your head, if you can bear it) Can you go to your GP tomorrow? Hope you are able to find some relief. 💐

DancingUnicorn Sun 26-Mar-17 21:21:27

Also, don't feel guilty about taking the time off you need to recover! (Easier said than done, I know!)

countingdown2gin Sun 26-Mar-17 21:32:55

I'm on the tail end of a cold (27wks Preggo) and found using some steam (just stick your head over a bowl of hot water) and Vicks on my chest plus regular paracetamol was about as good as it got at home.

It's so rubbish being ill when your pregnant. Hope you feel better soon flowers

MSH2010 Sun 26-Mar-17 21:36:45

I've tried to explain to my husband.... there's flu then man flu then pregnant lady flu take it's to the whole new level.

Thank you everyone it's such a relief to have others to talk to. Just done the Vick in hot water almost redecorated the floor but surprisingly it's made me feel the best I've felt today.

If I could hug you all right now I would xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now