Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

8 Weeks - Bleeding :(

(19 Posts)
AllTheGlitters Sun 26-Mar-17 17:57:50

Can someone please help me calm down? I had some, ahem, romantic time with OH this morning, have just gone for a wee and there was quite a lot of blood sad I'm absolutely freaking out, please someone tell me if it's normal or if there's anything I can do? I've tried googling to calm my nerves but it's not working. I was so paranoid this week anyway as my next period would have been due, and I've just had such a worried feeling something was going to go wrong sad I can't tell if I'm having cramps or not, I am uncomfortable but it could be a few things....

Has anyone had spotting and gone on to have a normal healthy pregnancy? God I can't believe this is happening...

Thegiantofillinois Sun 26-Mar-17 18:00:17

I had this with dc2. Convinced myself it was all over - she's currently finishing her tea.
What colour is it? Brownish is good-it's ' old blood'.

AllTheGlitters Sun 26-Mar-17 18:01:19

It's quite red, I didn't have this with my first confused sad

Thegiantofillinois Sun 26-Mar-17 18:03:25

I had nothing with dc1. Can they do anything at 8 weeks? Early scan?

Gingerbreadmam Sun 26-Mar-17 18:05:12

ring epu they should be able to get you in for an early scan.

if you dont have any pain i wouldnt worry too much. Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

MissJC Sun 26-Mar-17 18:05:23

He might have agitated your cervix and its a bit of that coming away. Try not to worry, fingers crossed for you. 1 in 5 women bleed in early pregnancy so its fairly common. Maybe give the EPU a ring in the morning to get it checked out flowersflowers

PolkaHeart Sun 26-Mar-17 18:11:49

I had a bleed at 9wks. Bright red blood and scared the crap out of me. Doctor gave me a look over at hospital and booked me in for a scan the next morning, even though he was convinced I had miscarried.

DS is currently sitting next to me watching cbeebies.

I'm sure you're fine op, but get checked over flowers

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sun 26-Mar-17 18:12:52

I had bleeding in both pregnancies, it wasn't a problem. You just have to wait and see. Good luck flowers

AllTheGlitters Sun 26-Mar-17 18:24:22

Thank you all halo I have calmed down a little bit now. Blood seems to definitely of come from the sex, there's no "flow" it seems so have faded, so hopefully it's all okay. It was quite vigorous blush and I don't have any other signs. I just haven't had symptoms as strong as with DD and haven't had a dating scan to check things are okay, see heartbeat etc. Thank you for all your posts flowers

CathyFarm1980 Sun 26-Mar-17 18:39:54

Hi there. I just wanted to add - I had two lots of spotting with my second baby. She is now two and I had no other complications in pregnancy. Bloody worrying though I know!

AllTheGlitters Sun 26-Mar-17 18:56:23

Thank you Cathy smile You're right, and to be fair I was sick with worry all through my pregnancy with DD, positive something would go wrong, and absolutely nothing did. It's all part of it I suppose! smile

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sun 26-Mar-17 19:46:40

I'd think about avoiding sex, at least vigorous sex, until you've had a scan. You may be able to get one through the hospital (because of the bleeding), or they're often available privately for £80-100.

annlee3817 Sun 26-Mar-17 19:55:33

This happened to me both times I had sex in the first trimester. Also happened right after my 12 week scan, I ended up having to abstain from sex.

AllTheGlitters Sun 26-Mar-17 19:57:42

I think you're right, (sorry TMI) we had an active sex life all through my last pregnancy and I never really bled, so this has got me worried. I am going to call the midwifery unit at the hospital/EPAU and ask them if they can book me in, just for reassurance smile

AutumnEve Thu 30-Mar-17 11:16:19

Any news OP?

CherriesInTheSnow Fri 31-Mar-17 12:35:21

Hi Autumn smile

Unfortunately I have been foolishly putting off making an appointment, partly because it is FY End and mainly because I am scared to find out some bad news.. I did ask OH to call 111 while I was at work, and they just said the standard go to GP or A&E if there is clotting.

We're going to call EPAU today and hopefully I can finish early. I thought the bleeding had stopped on Monday, but it keeps coming back, even though it is only very light. I'm really hoping they will get me a scan ASAP, if not we will book a private one. Will update this evening x

AutumnEve Fri 31-Mar-17 13:58:04

Fingers crossed for you

CherriesInTheSnow Thu 06-Apr-17 18:19:30

Thanks Autumn!

Just an update in case anyone comes across this thread in future, I had a scan today and baby was absolutely fine, everything where it's supposed to be and a nice heartbeat etc grin Midwife was not concerned by bleeding at all!

AutumnEve Thu 06-Apr-17 21:38:47

Good to hear OP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now