Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I presume this is normal......

(9 Posts)
sweetchilli77 Sun 26-Mar-17 16:50:23

My groin is killing me and my pubic bone. Basically i feel like ive been kicked hard down below.

Im just over 35 weeks.....

Not got lightening crotch as such, however i do get the occasion shooting pain. This is more of an ache, like if done the splits and used muscles i didn't know i had.
It hurts mostly when ive been lay in bed however today its there when I'm walking about.

Anyway else got an achey breaky crotch

TheCakes Sun 26-Mar-17 16:51:10

SPD. It's horrid.

sweetchilli77 Sun 26-Mar-17 16:54:09

What does SPD stand for, ive seen this knocking about and not good stories

Oh fuck, i suppose I'm lucky to have this so far on rather than in early pregnancy?

Foggymist Sun 26-Mar-17 17:36:32

SPD/PGP, pelvic girdle pain. There are tips, bump supports, physio etc that can sometimes help.

harleysmammy Sun 26-Mar-17 17:58:34

Yup, im 35 weeks and get exactly the same. When i roll over in bed it hurts even more. I do get the occasional shooting pains when im walking or just randomly but only once or twice. Its like a constant ache and dull pain in the groin more than the hips. My consultant said it was the weight of baby, especially if you're low down like me. It also hurts to lift my legs or bend down into the car etc. its normal, just not pleasant x

LoveMyLittleSuperhero Sun 26-Mar-17 18:02:32

Pillow/ rolled up blanket between your knees when you are in bed helps. I couldn't actually get out of bed because of I some mornings without. Plus a bump support as PP have said. Mention it to your GP or midwife who can give you a physio referral and remember it is ok to take paracetamol while you are pregnant.
I had it from 18 weeks, was on crutches from 22, it's awful but if it is any consolation mine passed within hours of DDs birth.

sweetchilli77 Sun 26-Mar-17 19:39:25

harleysmammy thats exactly how mine as been.I first noticed when i was turning over in bed but today in and out of car and walking around .

I have all sorts of pillows ive consumed of this last 8 months so i will give them a go.

Ive had a fairly ok pregnancy, i feel this is payback. Roll on giving birth

thenewaveragebear1983 Sun 26-Mar-17 20:14:29

Pillow between your legs at night will help, also keeping your knees together when you get out of bed or up from the sofa (think Kate Middleton getting out of rolls Royce- difficult at 35 weeks!)
I also found slowing down when walking and not taking long strides was helpful although obviously made me slow!
I had spd with all my pregnancies but my 3rd/last was the worst- it was so painful. Hope you get some relief soon op

Laura2507 Sun 26-Mar-17 20:20:53

I have this and I'm only 20 weeks, had it about 4 weeks now sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now