Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I crazy!

(7 Posts)
rach217 Sun 26-Mar-17 14:16:26

I am just over 8 weeks pregnant and found out 4 weeks ago. This is my first. That was the last time I had any confirmation, a positive test - except all they symptoms - nausea, tiredness, sore boobs etc - and I'm worried it's all in my head.

Am I crazy to want to do another test just to make sure it's definitely there? Or did anyone else just keep doing tests?

Thanks xxx

haveacupoftea Sun 26-Mar-17 15:45:24

I'm 30 weeks and can feel my baby kicking as i type. Just yesterday I walked past pregnancy tests and considered buying one blush its such a rush seeing that line.

I wouldnt advise it though, at this stage your hcg would probably be high enough to overwhelm the test and your positive lone would be very faint and you would only end up panicking. Theyre only really for early use.

mistermagpie Sun 26-Mar-17 16:06:31

Not crazy. I did loads of tests in both my pregnancies, I did about four that DH knew about but then did about another four in secret! The clear blue ones get you because you want to see the number of weeks creep up. If you've got the money there's no harm in it.

rach217 Sun 26-Mar-17 21:27:43

Thanks ladies, at least I'm not the only one! I've refrained from anymore tests in case they mess up and confuse me more. I'm sure everything is fine & only a few weeks until my scan. Xxx

MrsB12345 Sun 26-Mar-17 23:04:17

@rach217 I'm 8 weeks too and last did a test a couple of weeks ago. I've done 9 since finding out as we fell first time and can't believe I'm pregnant. My scan is on 27th April and am tempted to get an early scan to check it's all true even though I have all the symptoms going. You're not crazy x

rach217 Mon 27-Mar-17 09:22:18

I fell first time I well, never expected it to happen so quickly. I don't have my scan date yet but should be around the same time. I hope it goes well for you xxx

Lucinda15 Mon 27-Mar-17 10:10:26

Tests are pretty pointless at this stage. After a previous loss, I was so anxious with my next pregnancy that I did tests every other day right up until an 8 week reassurance scan. All were good strong positives and I was reassured by them, but scan showed baby had stopped developing at 6 weeks. It can take weeks for the pregnancy hormone to leave your body. Hang on in there till ur scan, tests will only add more confusion and anxiety! Stay positive. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now