Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby pushing down fairly hard at 30 weeks - a sign the baby could come early?

(5 Posts)
Wibblewobbles Sun 26-Mar-17 14:12:36

I have had a lot of Braxton Hicks for the last few weeks, and in recent days I've had a lot of painful "baby pushing down" sensations, feels like the baby is trying to make its way down. I am sure this is just the head starting to engage but I wonder if anyone else has experienced this at this stage, and whether it's a sign the baby could arrive early? I feel like I could go into labour at any moment! Back and hip pain sad

RedCrab Sun 26-Mar-17 14:19:22

I've had this from a similar time and I'm currently 39+2. I really got it into my head I would go into labour early and posted a lot, and a lot of people said "nope". I hated them grin

I don't know. Maybe for some it is. For a lot, it's not. I've had so many signs for weeks now, I'm realising the only true signs are contractions or waters breaking. And this is my 3rd baby. You'd think I'd get it by now hmm

Wibblewobbles Sun 26-Mar-17 14:54:35

Ah must be wishful thinking... not that I'd wish it to come this early.

It's really uncomfortable. If this keeps happening I'll have to get the doctor to sign me off sick.

harleysmammy Sun 26-Mar-17 18:10:49

Since 30 weeks, i've had so much pressure i thought he was gunna fall out. Mu groin pain got worse and hasnt subsided yet and im now 35 weeks. Also, i've had daily monitoring for about 3 weeks and every time i've had contractions showing every 3 minutes and they are very intense. They said they are the equivalent to labour pains but unless your cervix dilates its fine. She said its normal towards the end of pregnancy, i dont think she'd have said that if it was labor x

Wibblewobbles Sun 26-Mar-17 23:24:21

That's interesting harleysmammy. I do think if this gets much worse I'm going to have to call triage for advice because it's been fairly intense. I've got an antenatal appointment on Thursday though so if I can last that long I'll wait til then! There were a few times this evening it felt almost like contractions - more painful than Braxton Hicks but not quite how I remember contractions from last time... this feels more like a combination of lower back pain, and pressure/discomfort between the hips and inside the pelvis. Whereas my contractions last time felt more like really intense period pains.

Pregnancy is so weird. I don't think I could even describe some of these sensations to a non-pregnant me, let alone trying to explain it to my husband!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now