Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Eczema in pregnancy

(9 Posts)
Jellybean2017 Sun 26-Mar-17 08:52:04

Can anyone recommend a product safe to use for eczema in pregnancy?

I'm 18 weeks and my hands are so dry, sore and cracked. Can't get GP appointment for a week, have tried Epaderm cream recommended by Boots and Aveeno but nothing seems to be working!

Any ideas would be great 😊

SarahOoo Sun 26-Mar-17 09:45:33

Most of the more natural products in Holland & Barrett would be safe to use. I would also recommend you avoid using wash products that have SLS in them (again none in H&B do) this would include hand wash, shampoo, facewash and toothpaste. This really helped my dermatitis.

KiwiDoc Sun 26-Mar-17 10:26:04

You can use topical steroids in pregnancy, particularly if just on limited areas e.g. hands. Need to avoid prolonged immersion in water, avoid soap, use tons of moisturiser, plus probably need a steroid on at bedtime with moisturiser and and cotton gloves on top.

babynelly2010 Sun 26-Mar-17 11:57:19

Mustela stelastopia range is magical for babies and adults.

HN42 Sun 26-Mar-17 13:24:56

My sister uses oilatum for washing her skin as she has eczema, I think they also do a cream/moisturiser and I believe it is safe in pregnancy.

Twinnypops Sun 26-Mar-17 21:15:57

Best thing to do is to speak to your gp, she/he will be able to tell you what's safe.

Redbag123 Sun 26-Mar-17 21:17:03

Weleda skin food

Twinnypops Sun 26-Mar-17 21:19:02

Also, I was told by my gp not to use steroid creams.

JassyRadlett Sun 26-Mar-17 21:33:51

I think I had a topical steroid plus Cetraben.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now