Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Constant waking

(10 Posts)
THirdEeye Sun 26-Mar-17 08:44:53

I'm 7 weeks and the tiredness has really kicked in now.

However, this isn't helped by not getting a full nights sleep. I find that after about five hours, I'm waking to pee, have night sweats so I need to strip off or I'm thirsty. I do go back to sleep but wake up tired still.

Anyone else experience this?

THirdEeye Sun 26-Mar-17 13:54:50

Bump

Clare2017 Sun 26-Mar-17 14:04:30

I'm no expert (this is my first) but I'm a few weeks ahead of you & I'm finding sleep better now. Still wake to go to the toilet but the horrid dreams & night sweats have pretty much gone.

Hope it passes for you x

vickifaith Sun 26-Mar-17 17:54:06

I have suffered with not sleeping since I first found out I was pregnant (now 20 weeks) a lot of the time I wake for no reason at all! Just lie there wide awake. It's apparently hormones. Exhausting though, hope yours gets better xx

OnNaturesCourse Sun 26-Mar-17 18:35:08

I had something similar last night, awake from 5am and not a chance of sleeping again. Woke with cramps and that was me, hope it's not the start of broken sleep!

RaindropsRoses Sun 26-Mar-17 18:46:33

30 weeks now and I've just started sleeping through longer the last week or so. Before that I would wake up every few hours and not be able to get back to sleep. Still get the insane sweats though, wake up drenched.

booox Mon 27-Mar-17 10:11:12

Hi third, I'm 7 weeks today too smile

I'm finding I'm getting really hot as I go to bed, heart pounding and can't get to sleep. When I cool/ calm down I seem to be ok. But also seem to only manage a few hours before needing a wee. Then waking early as I'm boiling up.

I don't remember it with my first actually but I know it's normal sadly!

Had hot flushes and sweats too. I think it's the extra blood you're making and the hormones flying around.

I think it settles a bit by the second trimester.

HN42 Mon 27-Mar-17 16:56:30

I found I was not sleeping at all well at your stage, I was lucky to get 5 hours but I have found as the weeks have ticked by the sleeping has improved. I mainly just aim to stop drinking an hour before bed as that seems to help with not needing to go to the loo in the middle of the night.

Happyandhungry Mon 27-Mar-17 16:58:51

I was fine at that stage but third trimester comes with all that stuff! I never get more than 2 hours sleep in a row now at 38 weeks.

Mouse14 Tue 28-Mar-17 19:47:49

I'm the same... So tired now! 24 weeks and for the past month I'm waking up at 3/4 pretty much every night and weeing all the time! It's all down to hormones, apparently...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now