Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Really confused about when I conceived!

(8 Posts)
Cagliostro Sat 25-Mar-17 19:55:36

I can't believe I'm posting on the pregnancy board. I got an unexpected BFP today.

I've been unwell generally, periods been a bit odd since last year, cycle getting longer etc.

I think I was much more likely to have conceived late January. But I had a (late and comparatively light) period since. OTOH I was already feeling mega sick by then. And now my pregnancy symptoms are far stronger than they would normally be by this stage (compared to previous pregnancies) - nausea is much worse, sore boobs etc.

What do I do about finding out as that would affect due date - or do I just wait and see what happens at the first scan? Someone mentioned early dating scan and blood tests but would they do all that just because I wasn't sure?

Sorry to be asking silly questions I'm still somewhat in shock. Happy, but stunned!

ProudBadMum Sat 25-Mar-17 19:57:15

Every pregnancy is different. See what happens at the scan. Unless you think you are nearly 40 weeks 😂

PTphonehome Sat 25-Mar-17 20:12:20

Mention all of this at your booking appointment with the midwife and you will maybe be sent for a reassurance scan.

NapQueen Sat 25-Mar-17 20:15:32

I thought nausea usually kicked in around the 7 week mark so that would mean maybe a christmas baby if you were feeling sick mid Jan

Cagliostro Sat 25-Mar-17 21:32:18

Thanks all.
Can't even remember when the booking in appt happens. It's so long since I've done this (youngest is 7)
I remember with youngest, the nausea started the day after my BFP. It was a little later with my first but never got as bad anyway.

I have a doctors appt booked anyway (ironically to discuss my periods being weird) for mid April.

Definitely not nearly 40 weeks Proud although I probably look it blush grin

haveacupoftea Sun 26-Mar-17 16:13:54

Hard to know...maybe take a digi and see how many weeks its coming up as?

Cagliostro Sun 26-Mar-17 16:36:59

Thank you, I was wondering about those digital ones but someone said they only do up to '6 weeks +' anyway? Although is that since conception as opposed to the way you date pregnancy from the date of your last period?

I was 2 weeks late yesterday when I got my BFP so that would make it 4 weeks since conception I guess, but as I said I'm sure it's longer. So maybe I could just do that test as if it does say 6 weeks or more then it suggests that's correct.

Sorry I'm rambling now! grin Thank you thanks

Cagliostro Sun 26-Mar-17 18:44:47

Ah I looked up the clear blue digital one and it said up to 3 weeks - so would be past that either way due to waiting so long to test! I shouldn't have waited but i was totally convinced I wasn't 😳😳😳

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now