Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant but anxious.

(11 Posts)
NannyPlum82 Sat 25-Mar-17 17:56:42

Eek. Im excited / scared / freaking out.

We had a stillborn baby at full term between our two boys so I am very anxious.

I also suffered from v bad PGP with my second and third pregnancies and still have twinges when not pg. I'm only 5 weeks and i can feel the niggles already... sad

I thought I was ready for this but it's going to be a long 8 months!

TheInimitableMrsFanshawe Sat 25-Mar-17 18:15:09

Congratulations, what wonderful news for you! I'm sure you know that niggles and worries are normal in every pregnancy but of course you would be entirely reasonable to be more worried than most.

Very best of luck, I am sure the doctors and midwives will take special care of you and the bean.

Impatientwino Sat 25-Mar-17 18:36:16

Hi nannyplum I had a full term stillborn baby last year and am currently 14 weeks pregnant.

Am totally, utterly, completely shitting myself if I'm honest.

We haven't really told anyone apart from the odd close friend as I don't really feel comfortable talking about it in real life. I can't quite get my head round it. Doesn't really seem real, I suppose it won't until I have a baby in my arms. Even typing that feels weird, I've not held a baby since, haven't wanted to - makes me feel sick.

We have a very lively 4 year old who keeps us busy and that is helping the weeks go by.

I've had terrible back pain this time and it totally went a few weeks back - not much fun. I've also had a fair bit of PGP particularly if I cough or sneeze - so painful!

Congratulations to you and I'm usually around if you want to chat/vent smile

NannyPlum82 Sat 25-Mar-17 18:48:08

Thank you for your kind replies.

Impatientwino... Congratulations. I know how terrifying my lasy pregnancy was... i didn't get a single baby thing ready in advance and I couldn't relax and enjoy a second of it. Hope you are being well looked after. I was ajd hopefully will be again.

I really thought I was emotionally ready (stillborn baby was 5.5years ago) but being pregnant has brought it all back.

Impatientwino Sat 25-Mar-17 18:59:35

I wonder if it's something you ever feel emotionally ready for after such a horrid loss. It's all very overwhelming I'm finding. Do you have good support around you? Maybe as you get your head round it a little more it will get easier? Who knows!

The hospital here have been amazing - I've had a few scans already and start seeing my consultant at 16 weeks and from 20 weeks I'll have a scan or blood test every 2 weeks (ds2 died of a blood issue so they will monitor this one closely)

I suppose it will help the weeks go by, I can't imagine getting any baby stuff ready, they say that babies don't really need much early on, well I'm going to find that out! A midwife friend has offered to do a bag for the hospital for the baby and keep it at hers so I don't even have to see it until i know I actually need it. I think emptying our sons nursery was one of the hardest things I've ever done and I am never ever doing that again.

I've not had PGP in my other pregnancies - how do they treat it? Are there things you can do to help it?

Impatientwino Sat 25-Mar-17 19:00:00

What's ajd??

NannyPlum82 Sat 25-Mar-17 19:33:35

Sorry and!

Glad youve been well looked after. My family had to run around the night my son was born finding everything... they'd stashed it the previous year when we lost our son so they had to try and remember where they'd put it!!

I ended up on crutches last time... i also had physio which helped a little. You can get support belts. Baths and hot water bottles were my friends!!

Impatientwino Sat 25-Mar-17 19:55:59

Ah lol I thought ajd was some pregnancy related abbreviation! There seem to be so many floated about!

We threw everything in plastic crates and it's in the loft stashed right at the back and I'm sure my mum and MIL won't mind getting everything washed if we need it. There is stuff stashed in their lofts too and no-one has any idea where the buggy is but we'll worry about that when we need to!

I'm trying to pluck up the courage to get the maternity clothes box down but (and I know this sounds crazy) but I feel like I'm tempting fate by getting those clothes out. At the minute leggings are fine so I'm just living in those!

Crutches! Yikes! That sounds awful you poor thing. I'm definitely a fan of my hot water bottle at the moment!

Impatientwino Thu 30-Mar-17 07:47:26

How are you getting on Nanny?

NannyPlum82 Tue 04-Apr-17 20:42:05

Hi!! I'm okay... feeling really tired and nauseaus but a bit calmer than I was last week. Have my booking in appointment in a couple of weeks.

Going to tell my parents at the weekend so i think then it will become more real.

How are you keeping?

Impatientwino Wed 05-Apr-17 08:31:54

Hi I'm doing ok - 15 and a bit weeks now - my tummy seems to have popped out a bit now (it wasn't flat to begin with mind you!) and a few people have started to notice so we've had to tell quite a few people.

My back has been better and I feel at that weird stage where you don't feel sick anymore so I don't really feel especially pregnant. Not really feeling anything yet.

Got a scan next week and meet my new consultant for the first time so counting down the days to that to be honest.

Got my 16 week appt with community midwife today and she was on shift in hospital when we lost William so I'm feeling a bit odd about seeing her again.

DS1 is home on Easter holidays so we've had some lovely days out which has been really nice and he's a real live wire so that keeping me busy!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now