Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Im disgusting and i dont care

(19 Posts)
sprite25 Sat 25-Mar-17 14:22:13

Please someone tell me I'm not the only one who has been abit disgusted by themselves in pregnancy.
My reasons include not brushing my teeth for a few days here and there due to retching
Becoming alot hairier then I was previously
Becoming alot more easily sweaty down there then previously
Eating things I wouldn't usually touch in large amounts then feeling sick and sorry for myself after
Using sweets and cbeebies as a poor babysitter when I'm just too tired to do anything with DD
I'm only 14 weeks and feel like a huge blob of eating lazy fat lol

Lucinda15 Sat 25-Mar-17 14:36:02

Ditto ditto ditto. I'm 28 weeks pregnant. I've shaved my legs about 3 times since my BFP cos I feel rough and can't be arsed quite frankly. Got to Neanderthal levels before I decided I shd do something about it. Then it took two razors each time! And I'm So glad u mentioned the sweaty down there feeling! I knew discharge increased in pregnancy but I just feel damp all the time and am getting thru panty liners at a rate of knots! I now have a terrible cough and am regularly peeing my pants each time I cough. Oh, and I also have baaad constipation and thus awful piles. Sending DH to chemist in a bit for tenna lady (as pantyliners ain't up to the job with this cough!) and anusol. Oh the joys!! DS has been on his tablet all day while I fester on the sofa. Feeling truly minging x

RememberToSmile1980 Sat 25-Mar-17 14:38:40

Gosh the above is a lot like me. I'm only 10 weeks and I manage to keep it together for work but when I'm at home I am a total slob! Haven't had sickness but the nausea has been horrendous and also extremely tired! Don't have my scan until 21st April! Really hope there's a baby in there, and hoping the 2nd trimester will be better! Good luck everyone

sprite25 Sat 25-Mar-17 14:39:58

Oh yeah I also forgot about pissing myself everytime I cough or sneeze. Plus all the huge pus filled teenage pimples I've sprouted on my face. Jeez it's glamorous isn't it grin

Mandraki Sat 25-Mar-17 15:25:59

Ohhh I hear you! Today is my birthday and I've spent it lying in bed/on the sofa, eating crisps and drinking water. A huge contrast to earlier, more glamourous birthdays. Or even more recent, less glamourous but still civilised and none sweaty birthdays. I'm 12 weeks and the nausea has gone but I feel like a big fat, burpy, farty, hairy, lardy mess. Really looking forward to the glowing stage because right now I am disgusting.

DestinationSofa Sat 25-Mar-17 15:31:46

Ditto! Didn't brush my teeth for 2 days as sick every time I do. Been rolling around in KFC wrappers grin keep telling myself it's only temporary...

Funnyonion17 Sat 25-Mar-17 15:49:00

I'm 32 weeks and i must admit i shave my legs a lot less. Arm pits and below I'm not too bad with.

I'm an absolute pig, eat everything in sight and my arse is huge. I've developed humongous veiny boobs, thrush and severe SPD so i have to roll out of bed like a walrus and i waddle badly when i walk. Oh and i agree about the discharge, the amount of times I've wondered if my waters have leaked and it's turned out to be trickling discharge. Thank goodness for pantyliners. Must admit I've skipped brushing the odd time before bed too and left it till morning, was so exhausted just nodded off!

Lucinda15 Sat 25-Mar-17 16:00:03

With DS I had a glowing mid trimester. With this one, I've been rank and uncomfortable all the way 😩 Hope u ladies get a good 2nd tri x

WorriedAndCrazy Sat 25-Mar-17 16:01:00

I actually shave my legs more now as I'm so sweaty and hairy legs makes it feel worse! So I do it out of comfort now, not because I care grin.

Lucinda15 Sat 25-Mar-17 16:01:02

....DH has just arrived with tenna lady and anusol 🎉🎉 🙄

sprite25 Sat 25-Mar-17 17:57:40

I've eaten a multi pack of pepperami and felt utterly revolted by myself. I never usually eat anything like that but lately I can't not eat them.

TheLegendOfBeans Sat 25-Mar-17 18:02:47

sprite

Amen to your posts! I'm 10 weeks today and existing on junk, sweets and tea. I feel putrid on the inside and my spotty cleavage means I'm rank on the outside too.

Impatientwino Sat 25-Mar-17 18:44:57

I've found my people grin

I'm currently revolting too. My legs are hideous but my back went a few weeks ago and I haven't been able to bend enough in the bath or shower to shave them for fear my back will go again! They are so so grim confused

I'm 14 weeks with my third and am eating beige carbs like they are going extinct!

Took DS to a party today and ate more of the party food than he did confused

Snaffled lots of Percy pigs and now I feel really really sick blushI don't normally eat sweet things but couldn't help myself.

There was a very smug pregnant lady there nibbling carrots sticks looking at me with distain as I shovelled sausage rolls and Percy's in my gob - you can't tell I'm pregnant so she obviously just thought I was grim anyway!!

Impatientwino Sat 25-Mar-17 18:45:57

Good job she didn't see my legs - she probably would have freaked!

2ducks2ducklings Sat 25-Mar-17 19:17:45

Oh god, this is me too. I can just about hold it together at work. And I mean just about. I have to really have a word with myself to stop myself crying through tiredness and generally feeling crap.
At home, I'm just nasty. I regularly fall asleep so don't brush my teeth before bed. I've spent more of my time at home in bed than I have been upright. My kids have spent about 20 hours on screens today. We're in the middle of a huge renovation of our new house and don't even have flushing toilet yet. We have to go to my moms to shower and I didn't go for two nights!
I'm a monster and a crappy mom at the minute. Clearly, I'm having a little pity party tonight sad

lottieandmia Sat 25-Mar-17 19:21:24

Morning sickness is horrible - I don't blame you for not wanting to make it worse.

DestinationSofa Sat 25-Mar-17 19:26:10

Also have loads of dirty plates and glasses piled up by my bed as need to have loads of different things throughout the day depending on the hour. One minute something helps the next I can't stomach it and can't keep up with clearing away quickly enough.

sweetchilli77 Sat 25-Mar-17 19:59:25

ME,all of the above....
Currently sat eating a large bag of beef potato sticks after finishing a whole Ben&Jerrys to myself.

35 week and wondering why i look like a double decker bus sad

ethelfleda Sun 26-Mar-17 09:26:35

I'm 6+3 And feel similar!! Ditto to the teeth brushing before bed... can't be bothered! And as I'm off coffee I'm drinking coke (which I never touched before) for my caffeine fix so my teeth are bound to go rotten. Can't be arsed to cook. Haven't washed my hair in days and can't be bothered to look after my skin either (lying in bed this morning with yesterday's make up on... I'm amazed I could be bothered to apply it in the first place!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now