Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shining Flashlight on Pregnant Belly

(4 Posts)
Samila Sat 25-Mar-17 00:49:21

Hi all - I am 25 weeks pregnant and I read on an app that you can use a flashlight/torch and shine it on your pregnant stomache to see if the baby moves. I was conscious that I hadn't felt the baby move all day and so gave it a go with the torch/flashlight function on my mobile phone in the dark. I felt the baby move in response straight away! However, I felt bad straight afterwards as couldn't help wonder if actually this could damage the baby's eyes? I am guessing the baby app would not have suggested it if it were to cause harm but wanted to hear other people's thoughts and hopefully get some re-assurance that I'm not the only one who tried this! Ive only done it the once and unlikely to try it again Xx

eliolo Sat 25-Mar-17 04:35:51

I also read it and did it a lot blushnever made my DD move at all though lazy bugger grinthere's lots of skin and tissue and fluid etc for light fi go through on your belly so I'm sure by the time baby could see it (if it's true!) it's more of a glow rather than blinding like it is out here smile if you open your mouth and shine it through your cheek you'll see what I mean grinmy DD has no vision problems that we know of either!

Happyandhungry Sat 25-Mar-17 11:32:29

We do this and no it doesn't hurt the baby don't worry. If you're concerned just give your bump a little poke on each side they'll soon move around a bit! Don't feel guilty it doesn't hurt them x

TittyGolightly Sat 25-Mar-17 11:33:24

This is surely one of the most fun things about pregnancy. I used to play The Prodigy loudly at my bump too. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now