Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

2nd HCG blood test

(13 Posts)
OnNaturesCourse Fri 24-Mar-17 11:11:56

Im at work, no one knows whats going on so i have no one to lean on... My appointment is at 2pm to check my levels have doubled. Stupidly im still POAS and my lines arent as strong so im in a right tiz. Its taking all my strength not to go hide in the loo in tears until its time to leave. Ive got dull cramps which are stronger today, i keep telling myself its because im over analysing them but ... I dunno, i need to talk to people who have been in a similar situation? 😟 i feel like a emotional mess. After my appointment at 2, its another 2 hours for the results... In which time ill be back at work trying to hide. Im only 4+3 but already stupidly attached.

Oysterbabe Fri 24-Mar-17 11:16:03

Good luck, I really hope it works out for you. flowers
I was having lots of cramps at that stage with DD. What's the reason for the test? Have you been bleeding?

OnNaturesCourse Fri 24-Mar-17 11:20:29

Pink discharge and pain. They scanned me at my first appointment and could see a sac that was in the right place however said there could be another (ectopic) that they can't yet see. Wondering if they'll scan me again too.

OnNaturesCourse Fri 24-Mar-17 11:20:29

Pink discharge and pain. They scanned me at my first appointment and could see a sac that was in the right place however said there could be another (ectopic) that they can't yet see. Wondering if they'll scan me again too.

AnneLovesGilbert Fri 24-Mar-17 11:26:32

I really hope it goes well for you, good luck!

OnNaturesCourse Fri 24-Mar-17 11:27:41

Thanks, I just needed to vent before I burst into tears which might get funny looks from colleagues!

OnNaturesCourse Fri 24-Mar-17 11:27:43

Thanks, I just needed to vent before I burst into tears which might get funny looks from colleagues!

OnNaturesCourse Fri 24-Mar-17 12:36:57

Sorry for the double posts, silly app!

Elkalv Fri 24-Mar-17 12:50:55

Hi dear, when I had a scan for ectopic the sonograther said that if there is one embryo in right place it's very unlikely to have another one. So you are in good place. Cramps must be worrying but I had very strong pain around 6 weeks and period type pain for few days. I was sure something is wrong but it worked out ok at least at that time. I am just 22 weeks now so not at the end yet but stay there and try to think positive! Best of luck hope your little bean is safe!

OnNaturesCourse Fri 24-Mar-17 16:31:18

My levels are 2000+ from 854 on Wednesday... So that's good?

OnNaturesCourse Fri 24-Mar-17 16:31:20

My levels are 2000+ from 854 on Wednesday... So that's good?

AnneLovesGilbert Fri 24-Mar-17 17:07:23

Very very good! So pleased for you that it was such positive news.

Wishing you an uneventful pregnancy smile

OnNaturesCourse Fri 24-Mar-17 17:38:23

They did say that sac had grown but not by a expected amount, and no signs of a chemical reaction so I've to go back on Wednesday. Is this the start of parental worry? Lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now