Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning Sickness

(4 Posts)
FlowerPowerBecky Fri 24-Mar-17 11:09:14

Hello all! I'm completely new to this, first time Mum-to-be here at about 9 weeks (from calculations at booking appointment) and this week my "morning" sickness really has got to me.. 

I have been nauseous for a few weeks but this week have actually been sick. Any advice on the best ways people think to try and overcome being sick.. or at least help afterwards.

Sorry if this has been asked before but look on this app you are all so helpful and I'll take any advice from people who have been there, done that and have the T-shirt!

HN42 Fri 24-Mar-17 12:27:13

My main advice is keep eating, the more hungry you let yourself get the more likely you are to be sick between meals so snack on things like carbs/fruit, anything that will stay down. I always eat as well minutes after being sick as that seems to get rid of feeling sick, it was weird doing this at first as normally if I'm ill there's no way I'd attempt to eat just after being sick but it works for me.
I have ignored all advice to eat before getting out of bed because it simply did not work for me, I just threw up whatever I ate the minute I sat up in bed, but it works for some people.
If you start to find though that you are struggling to eat and keep meals down for more than 2-3 days contact your GP and request anti-sickness medication especially if you are losing weight rapidly.

DinosaurFanGirl Fri 24-Mar-17 12:42:02

As PP said eating can really help for some people. Although not for everyone and be prepared for it to last throughout pregnancy and not just for 1st trimester, I'm at 22 wks and still suffering with "morning" sickness. It's got better but I'm still being sick daily. I've found that I have certain triggers depending in time of the day, like tea too close to lunch sets me off. I've found kit kats more often than not settle my stomach. Mint tea has been the worst for me and took me ages to realise it as everyone kept saying mint was good for nausea! I can assure you it isn't haha x

silkpyjamasallday Fri 24-Mar-17 14:48:53

I was sick everyday for the whole 40 weeks! I didn't want the medication (and it didn't work for the friends I know who tried it) so I had to try some DIY methods. At the end of the pregnancy I could eat fruit again, but early on the acid from the fruit digesting made me puke (and it's really not nice coming back up the other way) I found bland protein rich foods were best to combat nausea, and they tended to stay down for longer. I practically lived on party sausages and babybells which I think are good as you can 'adjust the dosage' easily and there is no prep needed, eat little and often!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now