Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can the baby hit my cervix at 22weeks?

(11 Posts)
millyhopemum Fri 24-Mar-17 10:44:40

Hi guys,

I'm 22+ 5 today and as of 2 days ago I got a feeling like maybe it was the baby turning.
Like a quick whoosh feeling.grin
I'm so happy this could be baby as I have an Anterior placenta and been waiting anxiously to feel him.

This morning I've had the same whoosh feeling but very low and when I get them I get a jab in my vagina.
Not painful.

Could this baby be kicking on my cervix this early?
Or something else?

Thanks x

JessieMillz25 Fri 24-Mar-17 10:46:47

I got this feeling! It's really bizarre. I never found out what it was though!

DinosaurFanGirl Fri 24-Mar-17 11:00:01

Yeah same I'm 22 wks and got this really odd feeling down there whilst baby was moving about the other day...

JessieMillz25 Fri 24-Mar-17 11:01:01

Could it be there feet? I'm 35 weeks now and hvent felt that particular sensation in a while... could be because baby has turned?

ClaraLane Fri 24-Mar-17 11:01:25

I'm 21 weeks with an anterior placenta and the only movements I've felt so far have been something pushing against my cervix. It feels so weird!!

kathrynelizabeth3005 Fri 24-Mar-17 11:11:12

My baby was breech until about 32 weeks so all the movements I felt were him kicking me in the bladder/cervix/vagina.

It's probably just that he's in position where his little feet are kicking you in that way but he'll most likely turn soon/with time and you'll feel kicks elsewhere. At your stage baby can still move very freely and isn't in a fixed position.

millyhopemum Fri 24-Mar-17 11:14:21

Thanks guys,
Yer I thought he may have just moved position today.
It's still early days for me feeling his movements so it's very sporadic and random each time lol

FrizzBombDelight Fri 24-Mar-17 11:15:36

Yes I get these very low kicks and ones that are more down and back, like getting kicked in the bowel grin Your baba is probably lying head up, bum down so you can look forward to getting punched in the ribs soon! I'm 29weeks with an anterior placenta and just starting to get really strong kicks that take me by surprise and make me jump. Loving it.

MistressMerryWeather Fri 24-Mar-17 11:18:28

Oh God, it's such a strange feeling isn't?

I used to actually yelp out loud when DS2 did this. It wasn't painful but it always came out of nowhere. grin

Hobbitch Fri 24-Mar-17 11:21:15

I'm almost 23 weeksprehnant with baby 2 and she has been kicking my cervix for about 2 weeks. I've just added the sensation to the list of things I didn't miss about pregnancy!

millyhopemum Fri 24-Mar-17 11:32:16

Well I'm glad so many of you have had this sensation and some of you with anterior placentas are getting strong feelings.
Gives me such hope grin I've been waiting for movement for so long now I'm just happy if he kicks and punches me anywhere lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now