Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Misscarriage, not sure what to do?

(9 Posts)
Beaubear94 Thu 23-Mar-17 15:21:18

Hi all smile
On Monday, i went to the docs to get a pregnancy confirmed, we added up dates and i was 7+3 .. although she suspected me as ectopic so sent me to EPPC. MW done ulterscan and internal scan and could see NOTHING, not even a sac!! Took bloods, HCG and they where at 30!!! Told me to test again in 2 weeks if possitive to go back.
Now after i was speaking to midwife, i started to bleed, very heavily, (passing clots etc) sorry TMI. MW was very unhelpful and i didnt get a chance to ask the question's i need answered. Im so confused, do i see a GP about this? Have some stomach pain, but mild (like a constant period) ps, if it turned out im not 7+3 then i would be 5+2, even at that stage they should have seen a sac??

Sorry for my rambling, (probably not maken sense) lol but my head is all over the place and not sure what to do/ who to see?

Bloopbleep Thu 23-Mar-17 15:25:27

Even at 5weeks with bloods showing hcg at 30 I'm afraid to say it's probably a failing pregnancy. The same thing happened to me last year. I'm sorry sad

You'll likely get the same advice if you go to a gp as there's nothing else they can do to help. Take some painkillers and wait to see what happens. Keep an eye on the bleeding (it shouldn't be too much at this stage so you should know if it's excessive) and test again in a few days or a week to see what it says.

Beaubear94 Thu 23-Mar-17 16:33:55

Thank you for your reply, and im sorry you also have been through this. I understand there's nothing GPs or MW can do now although i was more thinking of seeing a GP as MW/GP doesnt know about the heavy bleeding and clots. Notnsure if that needs doucumented?

CoffeeCoffeeAndLotsOfIt Thu 23-Mar-17 18:58:04

If you still have a positive test in two weeks go back, as advised. At that stage you could mention heavy bleeding / clots.

Hope it works out flowers

DuRezidal Thu 23-Mar-17 20:01:51

Why did the midwife suspect ectopic?

Beaubear94 Fri 24-Mar-17 13:23:55

GP suspected ectopic, as I had constant "period tummy" (more or a pressure & burning than cramping) along with brown CM.. and when she was feeling my tummy on left side it was agony. (Not sore when not pressed though) in the process of a MC now

flumpybear Fri 24-Mar-17 13:46:43

I'd phone the early pregnancy centre and get them to confirm it definitely wasn't ectopic.
Miscarriages aren't pleasant, I've had a few of them, first trimester. I had clots, bleeding and pain - also a temperature albeit brief and severe cramping when I think the tissue disengaged.
I'd take drugs for pain and go to bed if you can. If you're at all worried call the GP or emergency health line.
So sorry - FWIW I had my two beautiful children .... miscarriages are awful but try to look onwards and upwards, next time it may happen for you flowers

flumpybear Fri 24-Mar-17 13:47:53

Sorry should say I've since had my two children ( had 3 miscarriages and 6-7 chemical pregnancies)

jimijack Fri 24-Mar-17 13:56:03

Stock up on painkillers and sanitary towels.
Ime gp is not interested in amount of blood, certainly won't document.
If it's very excessive then it would be a&e.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now