Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Decaf coffee and pepsi

(10 Posts)
Jellybabie3 Thu 23-Mar-17 15:16:50

Hello all. Probably being paranoid but the last few weeks (i am now 13+5) i have been drinking decaf coffee and caffeine free pepsi. I hate water and squash

glitterglitters Thu 23-Mar-17 15:18:22

That's fine @Jellybabie3 smile

Amanduh Thu 23-Mar-17 15:35:27

I drank caffeine free diet pepsi A LOT throughout grin

ImFuckingSpartacus Thu 23-Mar-17 15:39:47

And?

mispat Tue 28-Mar-17 07:10:30

I'm 16 weeks and have been only drinking decaf tea and coffee. Recently, a couple of people have told me that I'm better off having caffeinated drinks (one a day) rather than decaf. This is because of the chemicals in decaf/the processes it has to go through to become decaf. Now I'm confused! Normal or decaf?!!!

GreedyDuck Tue 28-Mar-17 08:02:24

I just drink normal tea and coffee throughout. The risks are minuscule, and two cups of tea a day is under the recommended amount anyway. Decaf is vile.

If you've got a sweet tooth, don't forget that chocolate also contains caffeine.

TipTop333 Tue 28-Mar-17 08:03:44

I highly recommend reading 'Expecting Better' which explores the research behind what you can and can't have. It made me a lot more relaxed about drinking caffeine.

DaisyS91 Tue 28-Mar-17 09:27:29

I keep forgetting chocolate has caffeine in it 😅 I can't stop eating the stuff! I've cut out tea completely now to make up for all the chocolate I am scoffing 😀. Is raspberry leaf tea low on caffeine?

KoolKoala07 Tue 28-Mar-17 09:30:05

My mw said caffeine free Diet Coke ok but should consider all the chemicals in it! I thought I was doing great by having caffeine free but looks like I should be cutting it out completely sad

Oly5 Tue 28-Mar-17 09:40:59

One coffee a day or a few cups of tea is fine but there actually is robust research that more can cause miscarriage etc.
I drink decaf. The chemicals won't harm your baby - there is no proof of this. However, you may just choose not to drink it long term due to how it is processed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now