Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

water retention/bloat/weight gain??

(6 Posts)
OnNaturesCourse Thu 23-Mar-17 08:26:08

Im 4+2 and already have trouble doing up my jeans. My stomach is solid and definitely sticking out and round. I also just feel heavier ... My hips feel wider and i keep bashing them off things. I feel huge. Did anyone else get this water retention/bloat/weight gain?? Ive not changed my eating habits, or my activity levels greatly. I seem to literally be growing by the hour 😟

OnNaturesCourse Thu 23-Mar-17 10:24:12

Foggymist Thu 23-Mar-17 10:54:25

Bloating is really common in very early pregnancy, caused by hormones.

arbrighton Thu 23-Mar-17 11:34:49

Yep, increased progesterone slows down your digestive system. So bloat and constipation pretty likely.

It got better for me after 12 weeks (when placenta kicks in) and I could fit back in my normal jeans for a few weeks. No chance now!

OnNaturesCourse Thu 23-Mar-17 12:48:40

I'm already on daily laxatives as my digestive system is pants... But they took me off them when I found out I was expecting. I'm was on DUCOLAX ... Anyone got experience with it?

Know95 Thu 23-Mar-17 12:57:35

I'm 7 weeks today and I've already had to buy maternity trousers for work a week ago, because my old one started to get so tight around my lower abdomen they hurt when I sat down. I thought I was just getting fat until I found out I was pregnant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now