Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Symptoms at 7/8dpo are physically impossible, right?

(20 Posts)
SillySausage34 Thu 23-Mar-17 07:54:44

We aren't TTC, but we were silly. A pregnancy wouldn't be terrible though.

With my other children I didn't get any symptoms until bang on 6 weeks pregnant.

I'm only 7-8dpo and feel like crap. I'm 99.9% sure I've got a virus of some kind

But just to ask, it's not actually possible to get symptoms at 7-8dpo is it?

I've googled it and googled it and all I find is hundreds of thousands of women getting excited about TTC and symptom spotting and it not ending in a BFP but actually them over thinking it, or a virus (presumably, some of these women seem really ill given their extensive list!) or symptoms of AF.

I've come to the conclusion that it must be impossible or very rare to have genuine symptoms at this point.

Would anyone agree?

McBaby Thu 23-Mar-17 08:14:49

I have had symptoms at 7dpo 3 times and two of them I wasn't ttc! First time I coulda drunk wine from 7dpo and the neusea started a few days later. Second time the metallic taste started then followed by vomiting a few days later. This time we were ttc and the neusea started at 7dpo.

I know I sound crazy but this is how my body reacts to a small bit of pregnancy hormone!

The only time I haven't had early symptoms is when I have miscarried!

OnNaturesCourse Thu 23-Mar-17 08:20:00

I had horrendous greasy skin by then, followed by exhaustion about a week later xx

SillySausage34 Thu 23-Mar-17 08:24:19

Wow you are sensitive to pregnancy hormones.

Out of interest, do you get terrible morning sickness?

I get little or no morning sickness so perhaps whilst some people are sensitive to the pregnancy hormones, others are not.
Would make sense?

McBaby Thu 23-Mar-17 08:28:23

I get bad morning sickness but not hg which has got worse with each pregnancy!

SillySausage34 Thu 23-Mar-17 09:01:22

I had two coffees and feel seriously sick. But I'm even more convinced it's a virus now because I suddenly went very very hot on the school run.

Can I ask you another question? When didn't you get your BFP?

I was thinking on the way home, surely if I was pregnant enough to feel rough then I'm pregnant enough to get a line on a stick?

HN42 Thu 23-Mar-17 18:06:06

I had symptoms 3dpo - I started with tender breasts and then cramps which at first I put down to PMT but they were symptoms that felt different to normal PMT and they were way earlier into my cycle than they would have been with PMT and turned out my suspicions I was pregnant were correct. So, no it's not impossible to have pregnancy symptoms before 7-8dpo.

haveacupoftea Thu 23-Mar-17 23:06:21

I had symptoms but not the kind you would expect. Very strong positive opks well after expected ovulation, cramping after sex and was really thirsty.

I do think there are symptoms that people expect to have that don't kick in til later, around 6 weeks or well after like sickness, increased discharge, difficulty sleeping. I'm 30 weeks now and only noticing darker nipples the last couple of weeks for example. I've never had a metallic taste, or creamy cervical mucous and wasn't even sick until 7 weeks or so I think. But then of course everyone is different!

Katurah Thu 23-Mar-17 23:11:46

I lost all sense of taste between 3dpo and 10dpo. I also had bleeding gums, greasy skin, nausea and an awful headache. I got a squint of a bfp 9dpo but already knew I was pregnant. I'm still throwing up 16 weeks later! I've just found out I'm having a girl, I had no early symptoms with my son other than a spot on my forehead.

cantmakeme Thu 23-Mar-17 23:58:22

I felt pregnant a week after conception. Three days after that I had a very faint positive. The same with my second child. In between the two I had an ectopic pregnancy, and that time I didn't begin to suspect I was pregnant until I had missed my period, and had other odd symptoms.

hopsalong Fri 24-Mar-17 08:00:22

I don't think it's impossible. I had this with my current pregnancy. But I reasoned that if hormones strong enough to cause any symptoms they would definitely give me a positive on a test, and I did get a (weak) positive on 7dpo.

It did turn out to be a pregnancy with hyperemesis, so maybe happens when you become super sensitive to hormones? With my first pregnancy I didn't get symptoms until much later. Good luck!!

EpoxyResin Fri 24-Mar-17 10:50:10

With both pregnancies I've become less physically co-ordinated within days of conception, getting worse until about the 6-7 week mark at least before plateauing. I know it wasn't illness because of the way it increased gradually before being joined by other pregnancy symptoms which also continued to worsen after the positive pregnancy test. The first time I thought perhaps it was coincidental but this time I knew exactly what was up.

The reason I noticed and can say this for sure is that I play a competitive sport and any little change in physical performance is something I'm particularly aware of. Even certain times in a woman's cycle are known to have a noticeable and expected effect on performance in my sport, such that coaches take it into account.

I do think just because a certain amount of a hormone is what it takes to get two lines doesn't mean that's the same amount needed for it to have some physical effect. So I think it's possible!

NaturWilde Fri 24-Mar-17 10:54:36

I don't think it's the "dpo" as implantation varies so much. It's more from implantation as that's when the hormone starts being produced.

The implantation range is 6-12dpo, so if you implant early, symptoms are possible!

Fingers x for you!

Plus you may have ovulated earlier than you think.

BroomstickOfLove Fri 24-Mar-17 10:57:58

I knew all three times. With my first pregnancy, I didn't know they were pregnancy symptoms because I hadn't been pregnant before, but I recognised them the second time (ended in very early miscarriage - I wouldn't have known I was pregnant if it hadn't been for the symptoms) and the third time. In the two later pregnancies, I tested positive either on or before my period was due, although in both cases I spent a few days gradually feeling more and more pregnant until it became obvious. I had pretty bad morning sickness both times, but I also get truly horrific PMS so am generally sensitive to hormonal changes but also pretty aware of all hormonal changes. I'm noticing perimenopausal symptoms these days, but am fairly confident that nothing would show up on s blood test yet.

booox Fri 24-Mar-17 19:43:56

I did. An egg tasted really odd (in date) and strange cramping on my left side that I don't usually get.

I could shrug off the cramping as wind (it wasn't) but the egg was noticeable. I've not touched one since. I was really sure I was pregnant and that was 8 dpo.

booox Fri 24-Mar-17 19:48:21

Positive test 2 days later.

booox Fri 24-Mar-17 19:49:45

Oh yes the whole sore throat mild viral feeling too.

Biscuitsneeded Fri 24-Mar-17 19:51:56

First pregnancy, I knew by 7 dpo. Kept needing a wee and my boobs were excruciatingly tender. Other times, didn't know until at least 14 dpo.

Biscuitsneeded Fri 24-Mar-17 19:52:49

When I say 'knew', I didn't obviously know for definite but I was pretty sure. DP kept asking where I was on the 'duffometer' and I said 9/10 all week...

ASqueakingInTheShrubbery Fri 24-Mar-17 19:58:40

I don't know about ovulation dates because it was immediately after my implant came out, but I felt as though I had a virus pretty well as soon as sperm met egg. It was two weeks of dizziness and weird-feeling and insomnia before I got a positive test saying 1-2 weeks pregnant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now