Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What was your bloody show like?

(16 Posts)
ILikeSalmon Wed 22-Mar-17 14:50:24

For those whose first sign of labour was a bloody show- what did it look like?
I just 'wiped' and there was a very small amount (size of a ladybird say) of bloody mucus.
Is that too small?
Did you have loads of blood?
Was it mixed with mucus?
I'm due today.

Emma2803 Wed 22-Mar-17 20:21:47

My mucous plug didn't come away until my waters broke after I had been induced and it was quite slimey (like a think snot consistency, sorry, bike I know) and more tinged with blood so like a yellowish brown colour and about a tablespoon size amount.

SprogletsMum Wed 22-Mar-17 20:23:10

My plug was my first sign with all 3 dc. It never had blood in though it was just clumps of snotty stuff. I got that over the 1 or 2 days before going into labour.

wobblywonderwoman Wed 22-Mar-17 20:23:11

Hi op. It was clear with red tinges in. I suppose like egg whites and quite a lot of it.

NEmum Wed 22-Mar-17 20:24:03

Mine was a small amount of bright red blood when I wiped, no mucas to see. My waters broke 3 days later...

Stillwishihadabs Wed 22-Mar-17 20:24:53

There was loads of it, not much blood more mucusy (sorry if tmi).

ShouldIBuyOrShouldIGo Wed 22-Mar-17 20:26:26

Mine came away slowly after a few days. So first day was like you said, but it got messier and thicker! Good luck!

Tattybogle89 Wed 22-Mar-17 20:31:50

I had mucus yellow snot for a few days then about 10 hours into my contractions at home I had blood as heavy as a heavy period for hours. They had me in and examined me and said it was just a very heavy 'show'.. Never knew that was a thing til then!

ILikeSalmon Wed 22-Mar-17 20:33:15

Thank you all.
Eeek!!

soundsystem Wed 22-Mar-17 20:35:33

(Possibly slightly TMI, but you did ask!) Mine was just like normal discharge, but with a pink tinge. I didn't know about it until I went to the loo and when I wiped it was pinkish.

That was about 5pm. Started having contractions around 11pm but very mild. "Proper" labour started around 6.45 and DS was born at 7.40.

So yours sounds similar. Anything else happened since?

annlee3817 Wed 22-Mar-17 20:36:49

I didn't see my show as it happened during my sweep and the midwife just cleared it up and wrote it in the notes. On the day I went into labour there were lots of flecks of blood in the toilet bowl everytime I went for a wee.

mrsw14 Wed 22-Mar-17 20:37:52

With my first I suddenly started pouring blood. It was like a vein had been sliced through, utterly terrifying because I wasn't expecting it at all. Midwife didn't bat an eyelid though and said "don't worry, it's just a show" 😳 They really should prepare first timers for these things!

Tattybogle89 Wed 22-Mar-17 20:42:42

Mrs that reminds Me of mine. I got a fright too. No one told me about a bloody show.. Had no idea it could be so heavy!

EsmesBees Wed 22-Mar-17 20:43:46

Loads and loads of bright red blood and mucus. It was like a horror movie. I'd been having contractions for a few hours but was not convinced they were the 'real thing'. The amount of blood was the reason I went to hospital and also the reason they made me go to the consultant led ward rather than the birthing centre. Turns out it was nothing to worry about, just some women bleed more than others.

ILoveDolly Wed 22-Mar-17 20:45:00

Like a big lump of disgusting gory vaseline. Quite exciting though. Although if I'd known what the subsequent 20 hours were going to entail I guess I'd have been less excited grin

Watto1 Wed 22-Mar-17 20:46:19

Mine looked like a pale yellow jellyfish! Much bigger than I had been expecting. Waters broke literally 5 minutes later. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now