Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Chemical pregnancy (I think) advice

(9 Posts)
Coi123 Wed 22-Mar-17 11:37:10

Hi ladies, I hope I am posting in the right bit...I am pretty sure I have just had a chemical pregnancy (2 faint lines on first response tests at 13 and 14 dpo then af like cramps and started bleeding today and it looks abit like clots). If this has happened to anyone here do you know if I need to go to the doctors or will I be ok just waiting for the bleeding to stop? Thankyou in advance

xStefx Wed 22-Mar-17 11:39:24

Im so sorry Coi :-( , Im not sure what you need to do but you could always call your GP and ask. Take care of yourself x

passmethewine123 Wed 22-Mar-17 13:54:07

You don't need to do anything, you will have a period as normal and then carry on TTC as usual x

HellsBellsK Wed 22-Mar-17 14:09:27

Hi Coi,

I had one also. Nothing you can do as passmethewine said. You will just have your period and carry on TTC after like normal.
You can ring the doctor but they won't say much at all. I just said it in passing when I went next time. Doctor said no way to tell as it was so early but was getting negative pregnancy test by then also.

With my chemical my period lasted a bit longer think 10days, one big clot then heavy and painful.
The next cycle I got pregnant and now 18 weeks.

Fingers crossed for you xx

Misssmoo Wed 22-Mar-17 17:16:27

Same as PP I had chemical.in Nov now 12 weeks preg..I didn't call the GP I had positive test for 3 days then bery clear negatives xxx

Coi123 Wed 22-Mar-17 20:07:39

Thanks so much ladies. I lost my baby at 17 weeks in October and it doesn't hurt anywhere near like that did but it's still so disheartening :-( fingers crossed for the next one. Thanks again xxx

moobeana Wed 22-Mar-17 20:13:12

I am so sorry Coi - this is exactly like my story. I has a miscarriage at 12 weeks and then5 months later I had a chemical pregnancy. My doctor simply said so long as you don't have an infection of strange smelling discharge you don't need to do anything other than be kind to yourself.

I hope you are ok and have someone to hug and care for you.

If this helps 2 months later I fell pregnant again and had a lovely baby girl.

Sending you hugs and best wishes.

m33r Wed 22-Mar-17 20:19:01

So sorry for your losses. I had a CP. it was useful for me to tell the GP as I had two other MCs and it meant since I had 3 MCs on record, I have been consultant led this time (am 20weeks) and they also did tests to see if there was a reason for them (there wasn't). flowers x

Coi123 Wed 22-Mar-17 20:36:29

Ok thanks for that m33r I will definitely mention it. So sorry to hear about your losses and to the other ladies in this group. Good luck with your pregnancies, hoping to join you all soon :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now