Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So tired of being pregnant

(19 Posts)
AcademicNerd Wed 22-Mar-17 08:12:58

This is going to be a venting post.

I was convinced based on a few symptoms that I was going to be early. So much for that. I'm currently 8 days over my due date, and very very sick of it all.

I'm tired of being in pain when I go to sleep/wake up in the night/get up in the morning. I'm tired of feeling round and waddling when I move. I'm tired of nice people asking me how I'm doing. I'm tired of being told by midwives that I should have sex to bring on labour. I'm tired of being tired. I'm upset that I peed myself and mistook it for waters breaking, getting so excited and telling immediate family I was going to hospital only to be examined and sent home. I'm upset I keep leaking small amounts of pee.

I had a sweep yesterday morning, nothing's happened (yet). Have an induction scheduled for Saturday morning as well.

My mum's annual spring leave from her job magically coincided with my due date, so she flew over to be around for the birth. But every day that goes by is one more day that she loses out on with the baby and I lose out on support with a newborn.

Raspberry leaf tea and spicy food IS A LIE.

At least Baby has been healthy this whole time. Had some good kicks already this morning.

MrsMessyBottom Wed 22-Mar-17 08:27:19

Congratulations on your pending arrival!

I'm 37+5 and I'm done, so if this is the first time you've moaned, well done! I've been moaning for about 2 weeks now. I cannot wear my wedding ring or fasten my shoes due to oedema, so I waddle around the supermarket with my ankle boots flapping. Due to bouts of SPD I have to occasionally stop in my tracks and disturb passers-by who think I'm in labour with my grunting and groaning. I've done the pee thing several times and I cannot sleep more than 2 hours at a time through the night. I'm tired of my mother reminding me without provocation that I will be able to 'lose that weight really quickly afterwards'. As if it's a helpful thing to say...

Could you bear to have a massage or your nails done or something (mobile beauty therapist)? I found a little bit of pampering helped, and it's not usually my thing.

Nearly there! flowers

mistermagpie Wed 22-Mar-17 08:51:36

38+2 here and I'm feeling you pain, literally! I'm so sick of being uncomfortable and tired and not being able to move. I've had it with heartburn and swelling and trying to run after my toddler without collapsing. Late pregnancy sucks! My DS was born at 38 weeks so I never got this far before and stupidly hoped the same would happen again. Not looking likely this time, midwife reckons I've got another couple of weeks to go.

That said, a friend of mine gave birth to twins at 27 weeks yesterday. She would give her right arm to have held on to them for another 10 weeks, so I am trying to count my blessings.

RedCrab Wed 22-Mar-17 09:04:35

38+5 here and totally feel you pain. I'm so sorry it's so hard. I have a four year old and a two year old and I feel like I can't stand being around them right now. It's actually unbearable. Hope you go into labour soon or it's all over by Saturday.

AcademicNerd Wed 22-Mar-17 09:34:26

mrsmessybottom my SIL's best mate is a mobile nail technician, and the last two times she had pregnant clients they both went into labour pretty soon after their appointments.

I've been moaning a bit for a while now. My fiance has been very kind about it all, and I'm grateful for him. Trying to keep busy when you're not feeling up to much is hard. Last week I went to the hairdressers, had a nice sunday lunch at the in-laws, spent two days cooking freezer meals, had a long walk and pub lunch with sister and mum, watched some films, ran errands. This week I've been sewing, had some medical appointments, watched more films, and today my mum and I are going to bake cookies.

I wish I felt up to going out in London, but the thought of dealing with the Underground right now is horrible. So much crowding, stairs, dirtiness.

My mate back home was super late as well, ended up getting induced (and popping it out four hours later!). She understands, which is nice.

zambean Wed 22-Mar-17 09:37:29

38+5 here and feeling your pains, ladies. Can barely type this for my big fat swollen sausage fingers and carpal tunnel syndrome grin

I'm starting to feel irrationally angry towards women whose babies arrive early.

NotTheBelleoftheBall Wed 22-Mar-17 09:45:33

Oh dear God the last few days are such a horrendous BORE!

By the time DD had arrived (40+11) my birth-pedicure (I kid you not) had chipped, my birth-haircut was no longer immaculate and I was ready to cut her out with a spoon. I did not 'nest' but I did spend a zillion ££ on things I didn't really need for the house (new rugs are very important to welcome a newborn).

People say 'sleep now' (I wanted to punch those people) but there is an iota of truth to it, birthing can take a while, I was in early labour for several days, so when real-push-it-out labour came along I was beyond exhausted which drew the whole process out as I am weak when I'm tired.

On that basis, walk as much as you can (get that head good and wedged into your cervix) even if it feels like one false move and the baby will drop out in the street, it probably won't...and nap as much as you can, not because you're in line for sleepless nights but because you want to have your wits about you for the final throes.

You are SO NEARLY there, it's a matter of a few days now (at the most).

NotTheBelleoftheBall Wed 22-Mar-17 09:47:24

Oh and look forward to losing your mucous plug, that's a gift that just keeps giving, mine was a real tour de force. Never. Ending.

MrsMessyBottom Wed 22-Mar-17 09:47:49

I have the same irrational rage towards pregnant acquaintances who moan that their Pilates outfits are getting so damn tight envy Pilates?? Takes me 20 minutes to get off the couch! I will never ever NEVER again raise an eyebrow when my granny refuses to sit in a seat if it's too low. I get it!

troodiedoo Wed 22-Mar-17 09:54:09

40+2 here. Feel for you. flowers

If you're going through hell, keep going!

mistermagpie Wed 22-Mar-17 09:55:12

The 'have a nap' and 'take it easy' brigade are the ones that kill me. Great idea, and what am I supposed to do with my 20 month old?! I'd love to watch box-sets and put my feet up but that isn't going to happen. If this is your first then please do the things above because if you have another then you'll never get the chance.

RedCrab Wed 22-Mar-17 09:56:47

The urge to nest is fundamentally incompatible with having small children around angry I have been trying to keep the house on show home status in the event of labour starting - I want a homebirth that's clutter free! My two year old got up this morning and I was too tired to care. Got up with the four year old a bit later to make breakfast and discovered the toddler had emptied out a new box of porridge all over the floor. It had crossed my mind to sweep up a bit to feed them with (🙈) and then I realised she'd also spilt the cat's water bowl all through it as well. Four year old then proceeds to have a tantrum about not having porridge for breakfast, despite the promise of toasted bagels.

Fuck off. Everything. Just fuck off.

jobrum Wed 22-Mar-17 10:14:58

I'm 36 + 2 and because this is my second I am already getting annoyed at people saying "not long then!" because I know its only going to annoy me more and more as the weeks go on. I am waiting for me feet to swell, my walk to get more waddly, the constant heavy weight on my cervix. I know it is all to come and I refuse to go 12 days overdue like I did with dd! Refuse!

Oh and yes to all those who go "take it easy" but overlook the fact I have a two year old.

Its very good to have a moan op, you moan all you want to and we can join in!

jobrum Wed 22-Mar-17 10:19:47

notthebelle our cat tried to eat my mucus plug. It sort of flew off the loo paper and landed on the floor and as I was only expecting a wee I left the door open. The cat ran in at the exact same moment. Now that was traumatic!

NotTheBelleoftheBall Wed 22-Mar-17 10:24:25

jobrum haha! The cat 🐱 would have probably taken your superpowers - and a cat with superpowers is the last thing you need when you're about to give birth!

troodiedoo Wed 22-Mar-17 12:37:07

* I was only expecting a wee *

Quote of the day grin

ILikeSalmon Wed 22-Mar-17 12:40:23

Due date here
I feel your pain
I can't deal with this indigestion. I literally take one bite of a sandwich and it feels so sore and like I could spew it up in an instant.

AcademicNerd Wed 22-Mar-17 20:52:49

I think my fiance is a little disappointed I haven't been nesting as I am definitely the messier of us two.

Maybe I'll go get a manicure tomorrow. Need to think of something that will get me out the house.

RedCrab Thu 23-Mar-17 08:07:55

I am never ever doing this again. Never ever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now