Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Before Birth Didsbury

(7 Posts)
PossibiliTea Tue 21-Mar-17 20:04:34

Has anyone been? I'm due to go on Thursday as the EPU won't see me and I've had a few concerns but have no idea what to expect! I'm 8+4, any feedback much appreciated!

SellMySoulForSomeSleep Tue 21-Mar-17 22:29:37

I was there in January for a 8 week scan. I've never had a private scan before.
I had to drink an insane amount of water as first time (after 2 pints) they couldn't see anything.

The sonographer was a lovely Irish lady who was very nice.

I went as I was having a lot of spotting and same as you the EPU refused to see me.

The scan it self was reassuring as I could see a kidney bean with a heartbeat.
She was sympathetic about my symptoms but explained they aren't there to do a diagnostic test.

I didn't get a picture as it didn't save so they couldn't print it off.

It was all fine. Not exceptional but not bad either.
It reassured me which was all I needed at the time.

Hope you get the same outcome. flowers

PossibiliTea Wed 22-Mar-17 08:23:30

Thank you x so glad yours went well, shame you didn't get a photo of your little kidney bean!

MerlinsBeard87 Wed 22-Mar-17 13:50:20

I went here a few weeks ago for an 8 week scan and they put me at 9 weeks. I actually complained afterwards and got a partial refund as I thought it was all a rubbish experience and I won't bother with them again. Very late being called in and not kept informed of delay, then scan lasted less than 2 minutes. Staff were disinterested really. I hope everything goes well for you x

PossibiliTea Thu 23-Mar-17 15:21:35

Hmm doesn't sound great so far! Quite nervous about going tonight. Thank you for your feedback I will keep it in mind x

Ao1307 Tue 11-Apr-17 15:23:48

Hi, how did it go? Im looking at booking for a gender scan next weekend. Thanks

FanaticalFox Tue 11-Apr-17 20:29:43

Is there a Baby Bond place near you? We had a 7 week scan with them in Portsmouth and it was a beautiful experience we loved it. Got loads of photos too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now