Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Second Hand Smoke Inhalation

(4 Posts)
Know95 Tue 21-Mar-17 15:24:42

Hello, I'm new to this.. but I'm a little bit worried and my next appointment with the Midwife is 2 weeks away and my GP surgery isn't helpful at all.
I'm in my 1st Tri and I work on an Industrial Estate, right next to our offices there is a company that burns wood and occassionally plastics. Some of my work colleagues don't think that Carbon Monoxide is exposing us because the smoke isn't actually coming into our offices, only the smell of burning, It makes your nose feel like it's burning and it's a little hard to breathe. I wondered if this is harmful to my baby? and If so, what can I do about it? Because it's a different company it's not like it can be stopped.

Thanks

MissJC Tue 21-Mar-17 15:28:17

When you had your booking in appt with the midwife, did she do a carbon monoxide test on you and was it a high reading?

I would try and speak to your midwife before your next appt as this would worry me too. Has your company done a pregnancy risk assessment with you? Make sure this issue is raised then too!

MiniMaxi Tue 21-Mar-17 15:29:58

Could you ask your employer to buy some air filter machines to help clean the air in your office? It won't stop carbon monoxide but could filter out some of the other nasties.

Know95 Tue 21-Mar-17 15:32:46

Ok, I'll speak to the Midwife, Thank you!

No they haven't done a pregnancy risk assessment, is it something they are legal meant to do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now