Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Advice on pushchairs

(6 Posts)
Coreynkayden Tue 21-Mar-17 09:13:30

Hello im 13 weeks pregnant and cant desided to get a double pushchair or not my son is 2 3 this year but he is a right terror when walking lol iv tried rains but he doesnt like them and i dnt think he would keep still on a buggy board is he too old to be in a pushchairs when baby's here i dont fancey chasing him down the street hmm

MyMrKnightley Tue 21-Mar-17 09:22:27

No experience myself, but how about wait and see if you need one? You can buy after baby is here.

Do you have a sling, because you could keep ds in pushchair and carry baby or if you have a lie flat pushchair use it for baby and son depending on behaviour/tiredness.

Also keep you eyes out on eBay/gumtree to see if a double is going cheep in your area and then you have that option too

laurzj82 Tue 21-Mar-17 09:27:17

Congratulations on your pregnancy! star

I only have one but I have a 3 year old who is a nightmare to walk with so know where you're coming from! Do you do a lot of walking? Are you in a town or village or...? If you do a lot of long walks I'd definitely go for a double. DD (just turned 3) can walk quite a way with a lot of faffing but we use the pushchair if we take the dog for a walk or go to the shops. I will really miss using the pushchair for shopping!

Don't know if that has helped at all lol but I'm sure someone wiser than me will be along shortly!

Coreynkayden Tue 21-Mar-17 09:52:37

Yes i do alot off walking as my house is 20min away from any shops and i walk to my boys schools too he loves to walk but its just wen hes tired he expects me to carry him lol and when i say no all hell breaks loose lmaoo xx

EdithWeston Tue 21-Mar-17 09:57:41

You might find it useful to have a browse in the topic

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pushchair_chat

I agree that you don't need to decide until nearer the time, because your DS might be a bit more reliable as a walker by then. Or might be readier for a buggy board by then

AnoiseAnnoysanOyster Tue 21-Mar-17 11:04:49

We got a Phil and Teds pushchair and it's really good. You can take off the underneath attachment when you don't need it. It was really useful for nursery runs as my 3 year old wouldn't walk that far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now