Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

TMI warning: is this normal?

(7 Posts)
toomuchtimereadingthreads2016 Tue 21-Mar-17 08:14:14

Hi ladies. I'm 26w with my second DD and for the past three months have been waking up perhaps once every two weeks in the middle of the night with diarrhea (sorry!)

I just wake up with tummy pains at 3/4am spend half an hour half asleep on the toilet with v v runny diarrhea and then go back to bed and am fine in the morning. Am 99% sure its not diet related, or there isn't a pattern I can spot with food triggers at any rate!

Feel daft asking doc cos I'm not ill as such and fine in the day! Any thoughts?

Thanks x

MollyHuaCha Tue 21-Mar-17 08:24:43

You must tell your midwife or GP. It might be a condition unrelated to pregnancy. But you need to be in tip top condition as the birth comes nearer, not exhausted with night runs to the loo. Go and ask for advice smile

Belager Tue 21-Mar-17 08:36:32

I had it from the early stages right to the end. My midwife and Dr were never worried as I stayed hydrated. But please flag it as it could lead to dehydration.

toomuchtimereadingthreads2016 Tue 21-Mar-17 10:02:18

Ok thanks! Have a regular midwife appt on wed evening anyway so will mention it!

BibbidiBobbidi Tue 21-Mar-17 10:07:04

I had this too. Perfectly normal as long as you're hydrated.
Mention it to your midwife though just in case x

toomuchtimereadingthreads2016 Tue 21-Mar-17 10:30:15

Really glad its normal! Do either of you know what the cause is? x

BibbidiBobbidi Tue 21-Mar-17 11:30:04

Hormones I think hun x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now