Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stress and reduced movement

(10 Posts)
WoopWoop200 Tue 21-Mar-17 05:08:24

Hi

I am 29+3. There was an incident yesterday that left me quite distressed and i have barely felt the baby move since. She usually quietened down through out the day and starts up again in the evening. But it hasn't been like that since yesterday. I am going to give midwife a ring as soon as i drop DS to school.

Has anyone else experienced this?

drinkyourmilk Tue 21-Mar-17 05:17:51

Hi. My baby is exactly the same. I've been in 3x for reduced movement (currently being induced and in prelabour ) and each time the minute I relaxed I could feel baby move better. Stress is definitely why my baby was quiet /still.
Good plan to speak to your midwife or triage unit.
Assuming you've done the usual ice cold drink/lay on left side with no other distractions/ hot drink. I found a pack of peas placed on my side made baby wriggle away (from peas ).

MrsG2017 Tue 21-Mar-17 05:29:42

I have had this too, I find also if I over do things on one day he will be tired the next and his movements reduce.

I had a period of extreme stress about 6 weeks ago for a period of three weeks. He had been on track growth wise until then and then seemed to drop back three weeks .... had a growth scan and all was fine he's just small but I do wonder if those three weeks of stress, no sleep and a lot of crying had an effect on his growth.

Call you midwife for peace of mind but fingers crossed all is well and she is just having a wee rest today.

WoopWoop200 Tue 21-Mar-17 06:19:28

Thanks both.

I have been up all night and throwing up this morning so it's definitely stress. I'll give them a ring and see if i can go in to get checked over

MrsG2017 Tue 21-Mar-17 06:43:30

Oh that's not good, get yourself that appointment then look after yourself today xx hope all goes ok.

gigi556 Tue 21-Mar-17 06:53:09

I also notice less movement when I'm stressed but I'm not sure if it's me thinking the baby isn't moving as much and focusing on it and over thinking the whole thing because I am stressed! Sorry this has been stressing you so much. Try to relax and if you are working please call in sick or get a sick note!

Emeraude Tue 21-Mar-17 08:30:45

The first time I went through Ofsted, one of the other teachers was pregnant and basically didn't feel the baby move for 2 days. She ended up going to hospital and everything was fine. They put it completely down to stress.

Helbelle75 Tue 21-Mar-17 10:21:58

I stopped working early because of this. As a teacher, lots of stress, and unable to monitor movement properly. I stopped at 35 weeks and baby has been very wriggly the whole time. Definitely think about being signed off if it continues.

WoopWoop200 Wed 22-Mar-17 10:09:41

I only have 2 weeks left in work as i am term time and start maternity after Easter holidays. So I'm trying to ride it out. I can't wait to shed some stress so i can enjoy some part of this pregnancy.
I hope you're all enjoying yours xx

Whatsername17 Wed 22-Mar-17 11:46:41

Get checked out. Reduced or changed movements are not to be messed with. I was induced because dd2s movements had reduced and we're less forceful. She'd become tangled in her cord and it was wrapped around her neck. If I'd have left it she could have died. You will be put on a trace for half an hour - that's all they need to check your bubs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now