Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pelvic pain

(7 Posts)
AnaMaria88 Tue 21-Mar-17 02:45:31

Severe pelvic pain at 26w, my next app with midwife is 2 weeks later! Who do I call, as I dont think I can wait another 2 weeks? Gp or mw? Anyone else had this? Some people says this is normal, some say I should get seen! Google says the same 😊 Any advices?

LifeBeginsNow Tue 21-Mar-17 03:05:28

GP for Physio referral asap. Don't wait as the waiting time could be quite long.

In the meantime look at the pelvic partnership website for tips on how to manage the pain and avoid injury.

AnaMaria88 Tue 21-Mar-17 04:36:35

Thank you, I will make an app this morning! Hopefully they wont send me home with paracetamol😕

GlassHearts Tue 21-Mar-17 04:58:44

The pelvic pain could be due to your ligaments "relaxing" for a hormone called relaxin. GP gave me co-codamol for the pain, however that was very early in my second trimester. My physio appointment came through really quick and I was seen within a week and a bit. I was recommended a pelvic support band and to do pelvic floor exercises etc and was given crutches. 23 weeks on and I am very ready for baby to come out!

AnaMaria88 Tue 21-Mar-17 05:02:01

Crutches? Any advices about having rest? I m doing night shifts and I find it so hard at work, only got 2 weeks till my mat leave, but dont know if I can make it there

GlassHearts Tue 21-Mar-17 05:15:58

Crutches were because it got to a point where I couldn't walk very far without being in significant pain, they have really helped. Are you sitting or standing a lot at work? I have an office job so was mainly sitting, and was told to keep my legs straight, no crossing legs or ankles and at home try to do the same. I have a long body pillow that I put in between my legs down to my ankles to keep them parallel when I sleep. Also a nice warm bath takes the weight off the hip and can relieve some pain.

AnaMaria88 Tue 21-Mar-17 05:39:23

I am mostly sitting at work! Just realised that the pain is worse while I am lying in bed, trying to turn on a different side and when I m getting up, not being able to make 2 steps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now