Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

She started kicking today!

(5 Posts)
babyunicornvomit Mon 20-Mar-17 21:47:08

I'm 20+5 and felt the first real kicks today. Up until now there have been a lot of flutters and wriggles but I laid down and felt really kicks. It was so lovely! Didn't just happen the once either - Sat talking to my stomach for over an hour and she must have done it about 15 times in total.

I've seen a lot of things about 'kick counting' and similar - when does that become important? Should I record her movements from now or wait til it's constant, every day?

Oooh I'm so happy. It's all feeling real.

arbrighton Mon 20-Mar-17 22:40:19

I've just seen tummy move with kicks, 25 weeks tomorrow, really bizarre!

haveacupoftea Tue 21-Mar-17 00:51:52

You'll drive yourself mad kick counting this early. 28 weeks is when you keep a close eye. I think the general rule is if you havent felt movement in two hours you contact MAU/FAU who will bring you in usually for a non stress test. Between 24-28 weeks if youre worried you generally contact the community midwife who will give you a check up. Up to 24 weeks, try to remain calm! smile although always contact a professional if you are concerned of course.

MyMrKnightley Tue 21-Mar-17 09:16:35

It's not counting kicks but kicks count now, it's not the number but the usual pattern for your baby.

Get familiar with your baby over the coming weeks, when does she normally move and how much. Then if the pattern changes talk to your midwife.

My midwife did point out to me that because I worked shifts the pattern was likely to be a bit different changeable. For me ds kicked more when I sat down and rested so if I was working late he'd be more active in the morning and if I was working early he'd start dancing once I got home.

www.kickscount.org.uk

AmethystRaven Tue 21-Mar-17 09:24:52

How lovely! When I was very pregnant, my DDs used to stick bits of themselves out making weird lumps on my bump and we had fun feeling it and trying to guess if it was a foot or an elbow etc! Once there was quite a distinctive foot print.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now