Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When do you book in with midwife after BFP?

(11 Posts)
Tattybogle89 Mon 20-Mar-17 21:15:53

Hellosmile jumped over from conception thread. Got my BFP not long ago ,last period started 13feb.
When is it I am supposed to book in with midwife? My first baby was a longtime ago now !do I wait to pass a safe point or certain amount of weeks? Thank you x

ColourfulOrangex Mon 20-Mar-17 21:17:20

Congratulations flowers

I rung my doctors surgery and they booked me in for when I would be 8 weeks but I've seen it vary a lot on here depending where you live, your best bet is to ring your surgery and ask smile

GreenGoblin0 Mon 20-Mar-17 21:24:34

As PP said it varies depending on where you live. quite common for booking in appt to be between 8 and 10 weeks. in some areas you self refer to midwife on others gp makes referral.

TipTop333 Mon 20-Mar-17 21:41:11

Without meaning to put a negative spin on what is very good news (congratulations!) I would get to the gp as soon as you can to register. I recently had a mc before I had registered with the gp as I thought I had time because the booking app wouldn't be for a few more weeks. I couldn't get referred to the epu without a prior mw referral so he had to refer me to the mw whilst I was having a mc which caused some confusion.

However, that could have just been a rule for my trust.

What I'm trying to say is, in the unlikely event that you need to go to the epu for anything, it's useful if you're already on file.

Congrats again!

Tattybogle89 Mon 20-Mar-17 21:48:27

Thank you all. Im sorry about what happened to you tiptop.I wasn't sure if it was too early yet to call. I'll cal tomorrow and see what they say.

Thanks again x

arbrighton Mon 20-Mar-17 22:41:52

I got number and rang just after four weeks then booked in the following week as midwife had a slot free and i didn't want to wait another three weeks. With hindsight, it made a very long wait til 12week scan

Tattybogle89 Tue 21-Mar-17 21:33:53

Hi thank you. I called today and was given a number to call and they booked me in and took details . They gave me first midwife appt and also first scan appt. Was grinning ear to ear when I got off phone!!
However after work tonight I've had a watery brown discharge and strange cramps. My sore boobs gave gone back to normal size and not so sore. So I'm crying worried in going to miscarry sad

ruthieruthuk Tue 21-Mar-17 23:16:16

Congrats on your BFP! I have had cramps today, period like ones and I've also had brown discharge on/off, since having my BFP, i should be about 5-6wks now, I've read that its all normal though so try not to worry, i know easier said than done though! X

ruthieruthuk Tue 21-Mar-17 23:17:50

Also i found my boobs ache more on a morning, tends to ease off during the day

Kaydee2017 Wed 22-Mar-17 07:22:41

Hi tatty, Im a few days in front of you (LMP 9th Feb) and also had brown discharge between weeks 4-5, think it's fairly normal & nothing to worry about unless it's new red blood and/or you're in pain. Mine has virtually disappeared now. You're registered with the midwives now so you can call them if you think you need to, hope all is ok!

Tattybogle89 Wed 22-Mar-17 20:07:24

Thank u all. Really appreciate the comments. I kinda had a heart sink and panic moment. Don't remember when I last had that feeling its horrible. No more discharge so far. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now