Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

10 weeks pregnant and not heard anything following GP appointment at 5 weeks

(16 Posts)
Angelika321 Mon 20-Mar-17 17:01:32

That's it really.

I went to see the GP at 5 weeks and was told she'd contact the hospital. I've been consultant led previously due to health conditions so need to be seen by UCLH .

I've heard nothing since.

HeyCat Mon 20-Mar-17 17:04:12

You wouldn't necessarily have heard anything - I was consultant led but didn't see them till about 20 weeks, think we got the appointment date a few weeks before that.

You could call your surgery and just check referral has been done, but I wouldn't worry at this stage.

WhatwouldRuthdo Mon 20-Mar-17 17:06:42

My GP forgot to do my midwife referral with my first pregnancy. Might be worth giving them a call and checking it's been done, for peace of mind.

D0nnaLyman Mon 20-Mar-17 17:12:18

You can self-refer to UCLH. It's an email and appts come through pretty fast

Angelika321 Mon 20-Mar-17 17:23:26

I've not had anything through regarding the 12 week scan either and haven't seen a midwife yet. I have a heart condition so usually see the cardiologist too.

Thanks Donna, I'll look into self referring.

Spam88 Mon 20-Mar-17 17:25:36

I'd give them a call to chase it up, I'd have expected you to hear from the midwife for your booking in appointment by now.

beck3001 Mon 20-Mar-17 18:24:18

Ask your doctors reception for a contact number for the midwife team and see if they have received anything for you, if not they should be able to book you in.

GreedyDuck Mon 20-Mar-17 22:03:21

Just self refer via the website. Took about two days for my appts to come through in the post, they are super quick.

SuziePink Mon 20-Mar-17 22:57:54

Chase it up. My midwife forgot to do the referral for my 12 week scan which I only discovered when I phoned the hospital at 11.5 weeks to ask whether an appointment had been made yet.

Angelika321 Tue 21-Mar-17 08:54:31

I've called the surgery just need to wait for the GP to call me back.

It's worrying that several of you didn't get your referral done!

SuziePink Tue 21-Mar-17 09:18:36

I've had several issues with my midwife care of which the referral is only one! I've written to the Supervisors of Midwives to raise concerns. Possibly the worst thing was after having a higher than usual nuchal measurement, while having the blood tests they booked me in for an extra scan at 16 weeks and I asked one of the midwives to sign my prescription exemption form. She said "don't you want to wait till your 16 weeks scan?" as if I might not be pregnant then!

Lules Tue 21-Mar-17 09:21:32

My GP definitely sent off my referral (I was there when she did it and then again when she checked a couple of weeks later) but the hospital never received it for some reason. I self referred and then rang them a few days later. Definitely ring the hospital.

dilapidated Tue 21-Mar-17 09:41:26

I hadn't heard anything at 11 weeks and chased it up and they had forgotten to do my referral

All of a sudden made rush to get me booked in

Angelika321 Tue 21-Mar-17 10:27:18

Wow Suzie, that's awful! I really hope you get this dealt with.

EdgarAllenPoe Tue 21-Mar-17 13:00:30

Definitely chase it up. I also saw my GP at 5 weeks who said he'd refer me (wouldn't even give me any contact details for the midwifery service). Didn't hear anything by 10 weeks, finally got sick of waiting and called the hospital maternity ward as it was the only number I could find. There was no record of me! Got booked in at 11 weeks, they usually aim to do it before 10 weeks round here.

The hospital also forgot to refer me for a gestational diabetes test at 35 weeks due to a massive baby. You have to really be your own advocate and stay on top of these things.

And they lost my notes while I was in labour (they thought I'd been discharged when in fact I'd been induced!). Paperwork is not my local trust's strong point.

Angelika321 Wed 22-Mar-17 16:12:59

Spoke with the GP yesterday who said that she'd done the referral and to check with the hospital.

I called the hospital who had no record of the referral and they advised me to complete the form which some of you have mentioned.

I filled it in and returned it yesterday so hopefully will get an appointment some time soon.

Thanks for the advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now