Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Transvaginal Scan at 3+6

(16 Posts)
OnNaturesCourse Mon 20-Mar-17 13:00:22

Hey. I was booked in for this scan a while ago, before PG, to check for cysts. Is it still safe to do? Trying to contact the hospital atm but unfortunately i dont have the privacy to make the call... Im at work and its too early to inform them.

stuckinny Mon 20-Mar-17 13:27:58

My first scan for DS was transvaginal as it was too early to do a regular ultrasound. I don't think you have anything to worry about but you should talk to the technician if you're concerned.

calimommy Mon 20-Mar-17 14:30:35

Your very early, don't dream of telling work yet. I'm not one of those crazy-wait-till-it's-allowed-to-tell, tell when you want, but it's defo too early now.
Re scan, it's the exact same as an ultrasound on your belly. Most pregnancy ultrasounds before 12 weeks will be transvaginal.

ThisIsActuallyHappening Mon 20-Mar-17 16:45:42

Transvaginal US in early pregnancy are completely safe - I had three sub 12 weeks PG to monitor the embryo/pregnancy development. I would just make sure you tell them when you go in s the aren't alarmed if they see something attached to your uterus wall! Also as it may well affect the course of treatment offered re cyst.

Congratulations too by the way!

Canyouseethis Mon 20-Mar-17 17:17:08

I have had transvaginal scans st 5w, 6w, 7w and 8w. All pregnancy related though (@ EPU)

I'd def inform the hospital and see what they say.

Spam88 Mon 20-Mar-17 17:27:11

Perfectly safe but I don't know whether it would affect their decision to look at the cyst (e.g. If it couldn't be treated during pregnancy or something).

PlayOnWurtz Mon 20-Mar-17 17:58:34

Yes. I've had 2 scans already and due a 3rd on Monday and I'm only between 7-9 weeks

RaindropsRoses Mon 20-Mar-17 21:39:00

3w+6 would be approx 10dpo so I think your dates may be wrong? I wouldn't think you would know you are pregnant any earlier than that yet you do, when is the scan booked for? And to answer your question yes it's perfectly safe. Exactly the same equipment they would use for an early pregnancy scan.

RaindropsRoses Mon 20-Mar-17 21:39:28

13dpo sorry.... (baby brain)

Shamoffour Mon 20-Mar-17 21:53:21

Is it the day before your period would have been due?
How can you be 3+6? Do you mean 8+6? I'm confused!

RaindropsRoses Mon 20-Mar-17 22:00:31

sham you can easily be 3+6. I got a BFP at 10dpo/3+4. Im presuming the BFP was today and test is tomorrow or something.

OnNaturesCourse Mon 20-Mar-17 23:45:42

I found out 3 weeks 2 days so you definitely can. Took a early test and got a very big positive. My scan was not connected to the pregnancy and was booked a month or so ago

calimommy Tue 21-Mar-17 03:03:44

I always find out earlier than af. Usually 5/6 days before. First Response girl!

jimijack Tue 21-Mar-17 03:36:40

It's fine, perfectly safe.
No need to ring them before just tell them when you go for the scan, the sonographer will have done a million of these on women in early pregnancy.
Don't worry, will be fine.

Shamoffour Tue 21-Mar-17 13:49:19

Aah ok I understand now. Sorry if I caused offence I've never tested until my period was late.

Shamoffour Tue 21-Mar-17 13:50:19

Come to think of it I've had a transvaginal scan early in pregnancy and it was fine and completely safe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now