Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this a yes or a no

(18 Posts)
Hushhush89 Mon 20-Mar-17 11:53:47

Here goes. Past few months I've not been feeling myself. Last month I must of taken at least 10 pregnancy test but all were negative. (Taking them monthly as stopped pill in December) last month I was over a week late for proper period, week before I would notice red dots on tissue but that's it. This month I'm only 2 days late and again still not feeling myself, been feeling hungrier than usual but also sicky feeling. Today I took a test and think I can see a faint line... my probably is Friday and yesterday I noticed streaks of brownish (old) blood on tissue again and not sure what to think.

See picture attached of test.

My other probably is nearly everyone seems against me having anymore (I have 2 girls already) apart from my step mum and dad. (They both were excited last month when I said there was a chance I could be) I don't know why everyone is against the idea as I always have my kids and never ask for anyone to have them unless it's something important. My oldest is 7 and I think I've only left them for odd nights on about 5 occassions in that time. So i am a bit worried if I am as I would love another but am terrified of telling anyone including my husband...

normanreedusWILLbemyhusband Mon 20-Mar-17 11:54:14

I see a line!
Congrats!!!

Hushhush89 Mon 20-Mar-17 12:00:56

I've always said I'd love another. But soon as I saw the faint line (wanted to double check in case I was seeing things) I'm now terrified as I don't know how to tell anyone including husband. Everyone keeps telling me I've got 2 and should stop now. Think I'm gonna wait a few days and test again anyway as I have been noticing brownish marks on tissue and also want to see if second line gets darker. But don't no where to go from there. Makes me feel stupid that I'm a fully grown woman and scared to tell people...

xStefx Mon 20-Mar-17 12:03:03

Id say that's a line yes :-)

Happyandhungry Mon 20-Mar-17 12:08:21

Just go and get a clearblue it will then say PREGNANT or NOT PREGNANT. i could not rely on 1 test and our opinions. I made my husband go and buy 4 clearblues before i would believe i was pregnant. Good luck flowers

Hushhush89 Mon 20-Mar-17 12:34:47

I'd rather not say anything to husband yet as he has said no more confused

phoebe2016 Mon 20-Mar-17 12:40:21

Hi Hush. If you stopped taking the pill and haven't been using any other form of contraception, then your DH shouldn't be too suprised to find out you are pregnant??and as it is 50/50 on responsibility, it would be unfair of him to get arsey with you about the fact you have conceived!

Happyandhungry Mon 20-Mar-17 13:12:56

You dont need to tell him, i am just saying get some clear blues and be sure..doesnt matter if you get them or he does!

Hushhush89 Mon 20-Mar-17 13:30:01

Hi phoebe. I've said the same to him. After having our second he spoke to the doctor about maybe having the snip I was sat in corner shaking my head which doctor saw and then said it would be best to consider other things in case we wanted more in the future... he has always moaned that the doctor went with me instead of him as he said he should at least own his own balls grin....

Right I am doubting first test now tho as I found some clear & simple strips in my drawers so decided to check that and see if I got a darker line on that one...but instead I only have the one line appear... now I'm confused....

Happyandhungry Mon 20-Mar-17 13:49:56

So get some clearblue hmm

Hushhush89 Mon 20-Mar-17 13:57:42

Sorry I forgot to add. Some reason clear blue don't work on me when I'm in early stages of pregnancy. I tried them after taking cheapy ones when pregnant with my girls. Cheapy one said pregnant but clear blue said not pregnant..

phoebe2016 Mon 20-Mar-17 14:18:17

That's about right Hush! Well if he didn't have his balls done, then he knows he is still able to get you pregnant, so as such is agreeing to another one! Anyway, if i was you i would go out and buy a First Response Early Result as they are the most sensitive, know what you are dealing with. If it is a negative then speak with DH about where you go from here with regards to preventing a pregnancy x

calimommy Mon 20-Mar-17 14:25:37

Forget clear blue if it's early. They have never worked for me until after AF is due. This is my 5th pregnancy and I SWEAR by first response. They are the biz. And just use the line ones, don't get digital.

slanleat Mon 20-Mar-17 14:31:53

Neither of those look like they are a positive result to me.

Emma2803 Mon 20-Mar-17 14:36:01

I don't mean to be cheeky but does your husband know you are off the pill? Otherwise as pp has said it is equally his responsibility to prevent pregnancy if he knows that you are no longer taking contraceptive tablets.
As to what other people think, well it's none of their business as long as it's what you and hubby want.

Hushhush89 Mon 20-Mar-17 14:47:20

Yes he knows I'm off the pill. He was the one that told me to stop as I was suffering with really bad stomach ache and constantly having headaches but since stopping them all pains have stopped too

Hushhush89 Mon 20-Mar-17 14:52:34

Just so you know this is the brand of test I took

Emma2803 Mon 20-Mar-17 15:04:16

Well then if he says anything other than "congratulations darling I'm thrilled!" punch him in the face!! Lol. As you have said you have two children already he knows where babies come from!!!
I thought I could see a faint line in that first test!! Congratulations! Maybe test again wed morning first thing to see if you get a stronger result!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now