Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Who's in their final week (or overdue!)

(21 Posts)
ILikeSalmon Mon 20-Mar-17 09:46:24

2 days left til due date!
This is my third & final baby.
Every day I'm on edge- will be today?!
No signs whatsoever yet, but didn't get any with my other two.

Things I'm looking forward to (other than the baby of course)
No more bloody heartburn & indigestion
Pooing easier
Sleeping on stomach
Not peeing every 2 hours through the night
Not walking like I've shit myself
Wearing normal clothes
Turning over in bed being a quick movement and not needing a crane (ok I don't need a crane but it would help)
Being able to run
Alcohol!!

JessieMillz25 Mon 20-Mar-17 12:37:31

I'm 4 weeks behind you but man your post made me want a drink wine! I wasn't even a big drinker but I could drink a nice rose right about now! I've been pregnant over Christmas, valentines, my birthday, OH getting his dream job, my granddad getting the all clear from cancer, my poor nanny passing away, moving house and can't wait to have a drink to celebrate/commercerate all those things! Good luck with your birth grin

Cwtchythings Mon 20-Mar-17 13:04:03

5 days left for me! My third too. I'd love a few signs but nothing as of yet. I'm personally looking forward to some pâté, alcohol and for the various parts of my pelvis to join back together again.

SunnyDayDreaming101 Mon 20-Mar-17 13:32:34

I'm 4 weeks behind you too and feel like I have been pregnant forever!

I know I'm going to miss my bump and feeling the baby move around but my god this is hard work!!! I cannot wait for the back pain to piss off, and being able to breathe! Oh and not dress like a bin bag all the time!

ILikeSalmon Mon 20-Mar-17 13:47:38

Oh god yes I forgot about food.
I will have a blue steak
Pate
Any cheeses we're not allowed
Mmm mmm

JessieMillz25 Mon 20-Mar-17 13:59:11

Oh and not dress like a bin bag all the time!
That made me smile! I can't wait to dig out my old clothes and wear something flattering!

user1487776842 Mon 20-Mar-17 14:00:01

39+1 here 😣 DD3 too and she can't come soon enough! I'm getting bored of being tired all the time, realy bad back, indigestion from no where, no clothes that fit me (especially my coat and with this crappy Welsh weather were having I'm getting soaked! ) can't get comfy anywhere, insomnia, nausea if I lay on my right side.... The list goes on ... dd1 was 7 days late and dd2 was 3 days late so really hoping I don't have much longer!

Cwtchythings Mon 20-Mar-17 14:35:02

Friday would be nice, I think
I can have a few more days pottering /napping and then pop the baby out Friday lunchtime. Preferably after Home & Away as I'm getting quite into that.

ILikeSalmon Mon 20-Mar-17 14:51:14

I'm thinking of being 12 days late so my OH's paternity leave will span over the school holidays and easter so he can look after all 3 kids while I do whatever I please

Pregnantmumma123 Mon 20-Mar-17 14:53:25

39+1 here and ready now! DS1 was 10 days late though. Had two sweeps already (trying to evict naturally before induction at 40 weeks). First one I lost mucus plug and second one yesterday had my bloody show.
But no baby...

Hoped that after bloody show labour was imminent but it's been over 24 hours now.

ILikeSalmon Mon 20-Mar-17 16:33:20

How did you get to have sweeps? Did you request them?
Where I am they don't do them until 41 weeks.
I had one kn my last pregnancy but it didn't do anything

endoftether12 Mon 20-Mar-17 16:40:26

I am nearly 35 weeks and still quite enjoying pottering round (even though I am getting very uncomfortable) and still have jobs to do; some wallpaper to put up etc before baby is here. Could quite happily do 3 more weeks then I will be at my limit! Hope mine doesn't go overdue!

MrPoppersPenguins Mon 20-Mar-17 16:45:38

10 days overdue angry

Pregnantmumma123 Mon 20-Mar-17 16:51:39

Had sweeps under consultant advice or they wouldn't do them in my area until 40 weeks.

ILikeSalmon Mon 20-Mar-17 17:00:07

Sorry to hear Mr Popper
I went 12 days over with my last.
Assuming I will be for this one but ya never know

user1487776842 Mon 20-Mar-17 17:13:53

I'm not allowed a sweep until 41 weeks either :/ hoping I won't need one though, I feel 'weird' today don't know quite how to explain it.... OH is home Thursday or Friday from work so hopefully something will happen then🙈

Preggocinders Mon 20-Mar-17 17:30:15

I'm due today and if this baby isn't out of me in the next 24 hours I'm going to buy a plunger! Braxton hicks for the past 3 weeks, head engaged for two weeks and walking like John Wayne. This is my 2nd baby, first was 10 days late... of course worth it in the end but it just drags in!

NorthLondonmum83 Tue 21-Mar-17 12:47:58

40+5 here. Two sweeps and acupuncture still no baby! First was here by 39 wks so really wasn't expecting to go over. I'm kind of getting bored of mat leave before baby arrives. Can't sleep, can't get much food down and dreading prospect of induction if I can't get this one moving!

musicmomma Tue 21-Mar-17 18:28:54

37+5 here and can't wait to have baby! It's my first so I don't know what to expect... I thought I was starting off on Sunday - my hips felt like they had dislocated, I was getting contractions and I felt really sick. Oh and baby was really hurting me every time he moved. But now...nothing.

SussexTeacher Tue 21-Mar-17 20:28:04

I'm 39+5 and no signs of anything at all happening! Grrrrrr.

I'm totally convinced I'll go overdue though!

user1487776842 Fri 24-Mar-17 17:27:26

39+5... And for the first time in ages I feel...normal... It's really weird usually I'm limping everywhere and struggling to do anything cos of the amount of pressure.. But today nothing... starting to think she's way to comfy in there sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now