Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hypnobirthing /Relaxation ITunes Recommendations?

(6 Posts)
BaffledMummy Sun 19-Mar-17 07:13:39

Hello
Having quite a stressful pregnancy this time around for various reasons and am thinking about using hypnobirthing and relaxation techniques. I can't get to any classes but would like to be able to chuck something on the Ipod and have a listen before bed to help me get to sleep and help reduce my anxiety.

I find it quite difficult to 'give myself over' IFYSIM - think giggling fit in yoga class when they do the relaxation bit...I know...I am THAT person and thoroughly embarrass myself! Hence would prefer to do in the comfort of my own home.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I really want to give it a try. Am anticipating an induction due to previous pregnancy complications if that makes any difference. Thanks!

arbrighton Sun 19-Mar-17 09:37:29

if you search for penguin books "mindful hypnobirthing" there are free mp3s there you could try.

I am trying them to work on being as calm as i can in the event despite being pretty sceptical about it all. It helped a friend a lot even when she had to have an EMCS

BaffledMummy Sun 19-Mar-17 14:36:30

Thanks, will look it out!

HughLauriesStubble Sun 19-Mar-17 14:44:35

I have the Maggie Howell mp3s and the Gentlebirth app (a bit pricey as it's a monthly subscription but it's good) and find them both great. I'd also recommend Marie Mongan's hypnobirthing book. Good luck smile

user1489951795 Sun 19-Mar-17 19:35:37

The Hypnobirthing book comes with a cd of calming relaxations the book is really good-13 quid on amazon

missymousey Sun 19-Mar-17 21:13:26

I second the Mindful Hypnobirthing penguin site - I've been using the free mp3 tracks there for the last 8 weeks and recommend the book they go with (Sophie Fletcher's Mindful Hypnobirthing). Thought the Marie Mongan book made it all seem too complicated (but I think she wants you to shell out for classes!), Sophie Fletcher kept it simple.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now