Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

New born checklist?

(18 Posts)
user1489171349 Sat 18-Mar-17 20:52:36

Hello!

I'm so worried I don't have everything for my little man!
Could you let me know some the essential things you needed for your little one? Or some things nobody said you needed but you found very helpful!
Thank you!smile x

Trifleorbust Sat 18-Mar-17 20:59:28

Crib sheets

helenfagain Sat 18-Mar-17 21:00:34

Sleep suits with built in mitts

Lilaclily Sat 18-Mar-17 21:01:14

Muslin cloths
Wipes
Bibs
Moses basket
Bottles and sterilisation method if bottle feeding

Lilaclily Sat 18-Mar-17 21:01:40

Sudocrem
Lanisoh

emsyj37 Sat 18-Mar-17 21:03:23

Baby bundlers - instead of a sleepsuit at night. No poppers, makes night time changes so much quicker and easier.
Bedside cot
Breast pads
Muslins
Sleepyhead pillow
Blankets for the pram

Sweetpotatoaddict Sat 18-Mar-17 21:03:32

Nappies
Vests( long/short/sleeveless season dependent)
Car seat
Blankets

Lilaclily Sat 18-Mar-17 21:03:58

Newborn sleeping bag

drinkyourmilk Sat 18-Mar-17 21:05:18

Im being induced tomorrow.
I have these items:-
Pushchair
Car seat
Cot for our bedroom
Moses basket for living room
Nappies (for us we are using cloth and reusable wipes, but have disposables and water wipes for the first couple of weeks)
Babygrows x10 and vests x10 in newborn and up to a month (in packs with receipts incase I have a bigger baby)
2 hats
4x cardigans
Bedding (fitted sheets plus celular blankets)
Blanket for car seat/pushchair.

drinkyourmilk Sat 18-Mar-17 21:08:43

For me I have:-
Nursing bras
Breast pads
Massive knickers
Maternity pads x million
Several vest tops so I can pull up one top and down the other when feeding
Few nursing tops

BakerBear Sat 18-Mar-17 21:12:49

I'm due ds in 5 weeks and it's my 2nd so I know what's a waste of time. I have finished with everything I need and I have......

20 sleep suits up to one month (not bothering with newborn size)
20 up to one month vest
7 mam self sterilising bottles
Crib (no Moses basket this time as a crib gets you 3 months more use out of it and is the same price)
Crib sheets
2 blankets
Pram with seat from newborn as found a carrycot a waste of money first time round.
Car seat from birth to 4 years that swivels.
Changing unit and mat
Bath
Bibs
Bouncer
Nap mat
Nappies
Wipes
Nappy sacks
Formula
Dummy

PingusMistress Sat 18-Mar-17 21:14:01

Not for baby, but sleeping bras for you. Sleeping in ordinary maternity bras was just too uncomfortable for me but I needed something to keep breast pads in place at night. I only found out sleeping bras existed after baby was born and getting out to the shops was a whole lot harder!

Redyellowpinkblue Sat 18-Mar-17 21:20:46

Snuza Go movement monitor that clips to nappy
Aden and Anais giant Muslims
Poddlepod

That's all I'm really getting for dd2 aside from pram car seat sling and clothes. I bought everything under the sun with dd1, moses/swinging chair all sorts of gizmos and gadgets but she didn't like or we didn't use half of it so going simple this time round.

Nellooo Sat 18-Mar-17 21:23:59

This:

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/21736/Dry%3ASoon-3-Tier-Heated-Tower-Airer

There is soooooo much washing!!!

IAmAPaleontologist Sat 18-Mar-17 21:25:02

Baby

Somewhere to sleep: cot, or Moses basket or your bed if planning to bed share. Bedding for your choice of bed.
Something to catch poo: cloth or disposable nappies. Wipes either cloth or disposable but cotton wool and water for the first weeks.
Something to eat: bottles and formula (check what you can use in your hospital. Many advise the ready made and do not have facilities for making powder) or boobs.
Something to wear: a couple of packs of vests and sleep suits and a few cardigans plus a couple of hats. People will buy you cute outfits and things as gifts.
Something to travel in: sling or pram.
A car seat: the best that fits your car not just what comes with the travel system you like best.
Something to catch sick: muslin cloths. Get a few. If you have a sicky baby you can buy more. If you don't have a sicky baby you will shove them in a drawer and consider them a waste of money.

That's all. Anything more like change mat, bouncy chair, play mat is personal choice. You can buy as you go along depending on what you find works for you.

For you

Big pants.
Maternity pads.
Breast pads as even if you bottle feed your milk will come in and you will leak.
Bras. Don't go all out buying feeding bras if planning to breast feed as it takes a while for your supply to settle so get fitted once you've settled a bit. Whether bottle or breast feeding get a couple of comfy, stretchy crop top style ones to wear.
Comfy pjs. Go for bottoms a size or two up from your pre preg size so they are comfy around the waist.

Nellooo Sat 18-Mar-17 21:25:35

Also these feeding vests. I've lived in them as a tummy covering base layer.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01K2E1DQI/ref=ohauii_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Passthebiscuit Sat 18-Mar-17 21:28:43

Lots of biscuits and food for when you have visitors and / or no energy to go to the shop!

RandomDent Sat 18-Mar-17 21:29:55

Boots Advantage card. You'll rack up the points in no time. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now