Talk

Advanced search

36 weeks iron infusion transfusion

(9 Posts)
Babynumber2nmom Sat 18-Mar-17 19:58:04

Hi just wondering if anyone had had an iron transfusion? I'm booked in for one Tuesday my iron level is a 6 I literally feel like death today can barely stand 😭 Feel so sorry for myself! I'm really worried tho incase I go into labour before Tuesday . They did tell me iron infusion Tuesday and I will more then likely need a blood transfusion when I go into labour x

Pregnantmumma123 Sat 18-Mar-17 21:11:59

I had one at 36 weeks too, worked an absolute treat for me and I never thought I'd say that as I felt SO rough before!! Is so worth it. My levels took a few weeks to go back up on blood tests but I felt better in myself after about 3/4 days. Fingers crossed it works for you too smile

Babynumber2nmom Sat 18-Mar-17 21:16:22

Thankyou that's good too know I feel so bad! I did think would work straight away tho I can't wait too feel normal again x

TeaAndPjs Sat 18-Mar-17 22:48:23

I had 1 at 36 weeks in last pregnancy! Was fine and felt much better afterwards!

Mummyme87 Sun 19-Mar-17 06:58:33

I had one at 36/40 and also worked a treat. I did need two units of blood after delivery but that was due to blood loss.

Babynumber2nmom Wed 22-Mar-17 12:23:21

Hi I feel so upset had my infusion yesterday excpected too wake up full of energy and I feel no better . Feel so disappointed keep crying had a head ache for over a week . Rang them back they told me could take another 2 weeks to work just feels pointless . How long did it take you's too feel better

swaddleaholic Wed 22-Mar-17 12:43:42

I'm on baby 4 and iron infusion number 8. Have had with each one. You will feel better but takes time especially as you're at 6. Hope they will give you another one/ few. Sending sympathy it's rubbish, anaemia x

Babynumber2nmom Wed 22-Mar-17 18:24:28

Thankyou when I went tkkcthey did a blood sample said it dropped lower too . Just feel so disappointed think I got my hopes up was going too work straight away . They've told me I don't have enough time for another one that will be it now until labour 😔 X

swaddleaholic Wed 22-Mar-17 19:51:16

That's so strange - my iron has been around 8/9 and I'm still have twice a week till labour. Feel good. Someone just told me cashew nuts full of iron

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now