Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

HELPP

(17 Posts)
Yaz879 Sat 18-Mar-17 17:52:18

Hi there girls, ive literally just joined this website hoping to get answers? If anyone has been in this situation before and had everything turn out ok?! So i am 8 wks pregnant which I'm really happy about as it will be my first due to a previous miscarriage i had at 6-8 weekssad with my first miscarriage i started bleeding in the day which came with cramps which in the night got that bad and more and more blood to the point it gushed out i had to go to AnE, doctor / nurse said i had similar pain to contractions... Ouch. I had LOADS of big clots coming out which were huge too. In the end the baba did come out and it was heartbreaking sad Recently (2-3day ago) I started bleeding, starting off with brown discharge, turning into blood, i went to the doctors yesterday as a normal appointment and told her i had some bleeding and she said this is very common? So my mind was at ease but later last night i had a few cramps? Nothing major or uncomfortable, just annoying. I also passed one small clot today and just thicky bits of blood, (sorry for detail dont know how else to describe it >.<) But i checked and it wasnt the baby (thank god) but apparently lots of women have had cramping and blood and clots (more than me) and had a fine pregnancy and found out their bleeding was due to something like a blood clot needing to go out the system or bruising etc, also i am further along than my 1st miscarriage so im thinking surely if I was id be in the same pain as last time with way more blood and clots, if not more, someone pls give advice? I have a scan monday and even though its soon it feels like forever as this is happening sad thank you girls xoxoxox Y xoxoxox

vicki2901 Sat 18-Mar-17 18:07:49

ring your doctors and ask them to take your hcg levels just to be on the safe side. hope everythings ok x

Yaz879 Sat 18-Mar-17 18:11:23

Thank you vicki, I have rang up but their closed till Monday which is when i go for a scan anyway, the wait is just horrible sad x

vicki2901 Sat 18-Mar-17 18:18:23

I no I had a miscarriage last April at around 5/6 weeks bleeding was very mild and wasn't in much pain then lost a big clot on the 3rd day then nothing else had to get 3 sets of blood taken to check my hcg levels were dropping I am currently 8/9 weeks and worrying all the time I have my first scan on the 10th april I cant wait.

Yaz879 Sat 18-Mar-17 18:55:19

Congrats! Hope it all goes well for you smile x

AcrossTheLoch Sat 18-Mar-17 19:20:48

Yaz, I'm really sorry you are going through this and I'm sorry for the loss of your 1st pregnancy - I've had two early MCs and I know the waiting and not knowing is really hard. I think unless you are bleeding a lot (i.e soaking pads quickly- like before) I would keep hopeful. There are loads of stories on these boards from women who bled in the 1st trimester and the baby was absolutely fine. I had a friend who had a bleed and it was because she had a haematoma (blood clot) in her womb which was absorbed- she is 12 weeks now and all is good. Sounds like there's not much you can do until Monday but I hope you can keep positive till then- keeping busy helped me.

Ps- I am 14 weeks now with my 3rd pregnancy and all is fine, so there is hope after MC. Xx

Yaz879 Sat 18-Mar-17 21:31:07

@AcrossTheLoch thank you!! Yh ur right i was thinking if i was miscarrying itd of happened like before, I couldn't even have a pad on for more than 5 mins, ended up in AnE. Pray my babys ok, want nothing other than that, I will keep you posted! And let you know how Monday goes, thank you for the reassurance xx

Yaz879 Sat 18-Mar-17 21:38:00

@AcrossTheLoch and congratulations on your pregnancy! X

ButterflyFree Sat 18-Mar-17 21:47:45

@Yaz879 Sorry to hear about your previous miscarriage and that you are experiencing this now, it must be stressful flowers

I had bleeding for 7 days between 8-9 weeks, with small clots passing... went to my OB-GYN as soon as it started happening as this is my first pregnancy and she did an ultrasound to check for the heartbeat and everything was fine. She found a clot in the womb and reassured me that it would pass after a week or so, but I couldn't do any strenuous activity for the rest of the first trimester just as a precaution. I'm now 21 weeks and baby is doing perfectly smile Good luck and I hope it will be a similarly happy story for you.

Yaz879 Sat 18-Mar-17 21:52:11

That is what i have now, they're really small tiny but quite a few but nothing big like i had last time, nothing at All that's why i have hope, did you have minor cramps that didnt cause any discomfort they were just there but not painful at all?? Xxx @ButterflyFree

Yaz879 Sat 18-Mar-17 21:53:58

I have put myself on bed rest and taking it easy as I pray there is hope xx

ButterflyFree Sat 18-Mar-17 22:03:44

Yes @Yaz879 I had cramps, they were noticeable but kind of like a dull pain. Like a mild period pain. Because it's my first pregnancy I started freaking out when it happened and I was convinced I was miscarrying, but going to see the doctor and hearing baby's heartbeat really reassured me.

Since then I've come across many many other women who experienced bleeding during the first trimester and went on to have beautiful healthy babies smile Fingers firmly crossed for you xx

Yaz879 Sat 18-Mar-17 22:13:24

Yea i have that! Mild period pain, can go to sleep with it as it isnt painful, im further along than what i was when i m/c so I'm thinking there's hope as surely id be in pain bleeding badly again like last time and it would be worse xx I hope i have what you did because loosing a baby is heartbreaking and you never want it to happen again >.< Xx

Yaz879 Sat 18-Mar-17 22:15:28

Its re assuring when you have the same as someone else did and theyre baby was ok im 80% hope 20% expecting m/c but will not loose hope until monday!! Xxx @ButterflyFree

Yaz879 Sat 18-Mar-17 22:48:53

Can not stop worrying

Hollyhop17 Sun 19-Mar-17 08:57:44

I had two bleeds, one with clots and one that filled up a pad in around half an hour of red blood at week 10 (abroad which was just horrible). I had internal and external scans and they said it was ectropian. I was told that having sex had probably caused it. I am 22+4 now and my anomaly scan was fine.

I just wanted to let you know that early bleeding and clots can turn out fine. So sorry to hear about your miscarriage and I hope tomorrow goes well.

Yaz879 Sun 19-Mar-17 11:16:52

@hollyhop thank you, hope it does go ok sad it's nothing like before so got some hope, congrats aswell!x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now