Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Confused about dates?? Help.

(12 Posts)
WilsonA94 Sat 18-Mar-17 16:34:25

Hi, I'm new to this, so not sure this is the place to post... anywayyyy. I found out I was pregnant last night smile took 2 cheapie tests with strong positives and 2 clear blue digi.. which says I'm 1-2 weeks. I know you should double this so that would make me 4 weeks? By my own dates I'm 7 weeks!! The confusing bit to me is, 28th Jan was the first day of AF. Which would be 7 weeks. 2 weeks later on 14th of Feb I had a light bleed with some spotting lasting 3 days. I assumed this was inplantation bleedding or should I count that as AF as dates match with this? Thank you all in advance smile

DuggeeHugs Sat 18-Mar-17 17:04:22

ClearBlue digi can be quite inaccurate. If you go onto the NHS Choices website and search for the due date calculator it will give you a rough idea of your dates, allowing you to book your first midwife appointment for 8 weeks.

Congratulations flowers

Beaubear94 Sat 18-Mar-17 17:06:34

Thanks for reply smile I have done the NHS calculator, which says I'm 7 weeks. I'm just not sure if that 'implantation bleed' was just that. Or could have been a period making me 4 weeks?? Can't wait until I'm able to see my doctor!

RaindropsRoses Sat 18-Mar-17 17:25:52

Is that the first tests you did? Not any before? Unfortunately I doubt your doctor will be very helpful in this situation, you'll probably have to wait until 12 week scan to confirm dates either way but they will based it on you being 7 weeks if that's lmp so not too long to wait.

Beaubear94 Sat 18-Mar-17 17:30:06

I done a few tests before, which where BFN. So I'm guessing I tested too early. Thanks for your reply smile guess I will just have to wait it out

DuggeeHugs Sat 18-Mar-17 17:50:34

Call the surgery next week and arrange a booking in appointment with your midwife. She'll arrange the scan for you and then you'll know for sure smile

Emma2803 Sat 18-Mar-17 18:35:30

When did you get your last negative pregnancy test? Have you recently came off contraception eg pills coil implant depo?

Beaubear94 Sat 18-Mar-17 20:26:11

Hey, Emma2890 i got negative around 10 days ago. And yes I've recently came off microgynan pill maybe 2 months ago although there were a lot of missed pills while on it

Beaubear94 Sat 18-Mar-17 20:27:05

Hey, Emma2890 i got negative around 10 days ago. And yes I've recently came off microgynan pill maybe 2 months ago although there were a lot of missed pills while on it

RaindropsRoses Sat 18-Mar-17 20:37:18

If you had a negative test 10 days ago then I think it's highly unlikely you're 7 weeks now as that test would have been a positive if you were already more than 5 weeks gone. If you've recently come off the pill then it's more likely your cycles are still a bit mad and ovulation was late so I'd think more like 4 weeks now. Congrats by the way, I didn't actually say that in my last post how rude!

Beaubear94 Sat 18-Mar-17 20:46:57

Thank you smile my heads all over the place atm, that thought didn't even occur to me!!! Feeling a little embarrassed now lol. 4 weeks matching up to what I thought was "implantation bleeding". So that makes sense. Thanks so much for your reply smile

Beaubear94 Sat 18-Mar-17 20:47:38

Thank you smile my heads all over the place atm, that thought didn't even occur to me!!! Feeling a little embarrassed now lol. 4 weeks matching up to what I thought was "implantation bleeding". So that makes sense. Thanks so much for your reply smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now