Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How to get baby out early!

(9 Posts)
Happyandhungry Sat 18-Mar-17 13:56:18

I have an irrational fear of being overdue and induced and having been told by midwife i will probably have a 9 or 10 pound baby if i go full term i now want to get her moving! So give me some tips please! I've heard raspberry leaf tea etc but i dont want to just go by rumours. Thanks all.

LokisSister Sat 18-Mar-17 13:59:19

Mine both came before their due date, following the advice of a friend who is a midwife, And that was to have lots and lots of sex!
It might be the last thing you feel like doing but it worked for me grin

goose1964 Sat 18-Mar-17 14:05:28

You can't , babies will come when they're ready he not before. If any method worked the NHS would use it. Just enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, I've had a 9 1\2 and a 10 pounder and it wasn't awful

ILikeSalmon Sat 18-Mar-17 14:36:52

I'm the opposite to you. I want my baby to be late (4 days til due date now)
My last baby was late and I much preferred that to the baby who came spontaneously one day early.

My kids were both 9lb and it is true when they say the bigger the baby the easier they are to feed and keep happy.

harleysmammy Sat 18-Mar-17 14:41:47

I have an estimated 7 and a half pounder and im not even 34 weeks yet, im hoping on monday my consultant will say she's gunna get him out at 37 weeks but if she doesnt i'm doing everything i can to get him out before my due date. At 36 weeks the midwife told me to start drink raspberry tea, eat loads of pineapple, nipple stimulating, primrose oil, loads of walking. Dont do it until at least 36 weeks though, you dont want them coming too early x

StetsonsAreCool Sat 18-Mar-17 14:44:39

Both of my 9lbers were born on time/couple of days early, their size is just how you grow them (medical issues aside).

You can't make it happen before they're ready, so just try your best to enjoy the last few days/weeks flowers

Wolfiefan Sat 18-Mar-17 14:45:16

They come when they are ready. Unless your mw has x ray vision and can weigh a baby with her eyes then she has no idea what size the baby will be.
I was told mine was big. Was over 8lbs but by no means massive.

CazP2013 Sat 18-Mar-17 14:51:59

You can decline induction and, if you are concerned if you go overdue, you can ask to be monitored. Growth scans are fairly unreliable. Not sure on what basis the midwife thought you would have such a large baby, did she provide evidence? Sounds like she has unecessarily scared you which isnt very professional.

CheepAndOrm Sat 18-Mar-17 14:57:39

Your baby will come when they're ready. Nothing can (naturally) influence it.
My first was a week early. My second a week late.
They came when they were done

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now