We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pains?

(3 Posts)
BembaNugget Sat 18-Mar-17 13:54:48

Hi all,

I'm currently 18+6 weeks and I'm having some pains in the bottom of my tummy where my uterus is (or was before it expanded). Is this normal? This is my first child and I don't know anything about the pains and where they should be.

Thanks in advance smile

mowgelijeffs Sat 18-Mar-17 14:00:08

When I was pregnant I was generally a bit uncomfortable and had some cramp pains all through the pregnancy. Are you bleeding at all?
Did you get the pains after sex? Can you feel your baby move yet? Call the maternity unit if you are worried and they can check if you have a UTI (this can cause pains) and they can give you antibiotics if this is the case. They can also look for the baby's heart beat.

BembaNugget Sat 18-Mar-17 14:50:24

Every time I move, its uncomfortable. It's not sharp or stabbing, it's just a constant heavy ache.
I haven't had any bleeding and I've had aches and pains during and after sex. I have previously felt the baby move but I haven't for a few days I don't think :/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now