Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I fear that I may now be out :-(

(11 Posts)
DuRezidal Sat 18-Mar-17 12:33:54

So I've now worried myself, as it appears my HCG is not increasing as it should.

Last Saturday I tested with a CB Digi and it was 2-3 weeks. I had HCG bloods the Friday before which indicated 357 and then I had them retaken on the Sunday and they were 900ish.

So I took a CB Digi just now expecting 3+ and it's still 2-3 weeks!!! That means my HCG has not doubled as it should as the 3+ is for 2500 plus which it should easily have been

Foggymist Sat 18-Mar-17 12:38:47

Stop testing, especially with the CB digi, that often happens that they don't increase the week. You'll drive yourself mad, if you don't get bleeding/pain there's nothing to do for now but wait and see, that's what I'm doing! I'm almost the exact same stage as you (4+5) and won't even see gp for another fortnight or so, have you already had a scan too? I'm just waiting and not dwelling or I'd go mad.

Ecureuil Sat 18-Mar-17 12:41:57

The CB digitals are notoriously inaccurate!
Why did you have HCG bloods taken? Have you had bleeding?

DuRezidal Sat 18-Mar-17 12:43:46

Yes I had bleeding at 4 weeks...

I did have a scan but only sac and yolk were visible.

Foggymist Sat 18-Mar-17 12:51:40

Isn't that what should be visible at such an early stage?

DuRezidal Sat 18-Mar-17 12:53:43

The consultant said it was right for just under 5 weeks but that she would have felt happier if there had been a fetal pole.

Polly99 Sat 18-Mar-17 12:54:09

Stop testing right now. CBDs are not a definitive test of HCG. Your blood test results are indicative of a pregnancy that is progressing fine. A sac and yolk is all you would see at 4 weeks.
Winding yourself up is not going to affect the outcome of your pregnancy .

LHReturns Sat 18-Mar-17 13:03:01

OP in BOTH my pregnancies (one DS now 2.5 and currently 30 weeks pregnant) the CB Digi didn't move up to 3+ until I was about 8 or 9 weeks pregnant - seriously!

First time I totally freaked out about it, this time I was like 'meh'....

Like other posters I don't like to give false hope, but I wouldn't be pinning my fears onto a CB Digital.

DuRezidal Sat 18-Mar-17 13:06:03

I haven't had any bleeding since 5 days before the scan, but am getting some cramping however got these through first trimester with my daughter.

Foggymist Sat 18-Mar-17 13:21:30

You've no bleeding, normal cramping, positive tests, a scan that showed what's expected at this stage and HCG tests that have raised as they should? You need to take a step back and just relax and wait. All I have is some positive tests that weren't followed by a chemical pregnancy like last month, I'll be waiting another 3 weeks for a private scan or 7 weeks for a hospital scan, you're armed with great info so far.

DuRezidal Sat 18-Mar-17 13:25:00

I think I have just seen so many bad experiences recently with friends and family that it's made me so nervous. I wasn't like this with my first pregnancy at all (I did have bleeding and an early scan with her which showed a haemorrhage site).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now