Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Scan the other day, only saw pregnancy sack

(3 Posts)
ruthieruthuk Fri 17-Mar-17 22:57:15

Hi I had a scan the other day at EPU, I should of been nearly 6wks as I worked out my dates, but when I had the scan I was only 4-5wks, they could only see the pregnancy sack and nothing else, I was hoping they may be able to see a dot as they did an internal scan too but they didn't see anything only the sack, I asked if this was normal as it is still very early and they said it was, anyone else had this?

calimommy Sat 18-Mar-17 02:28:12

My Fifth (current) pregnancy was like that: scan @6 weeks, measured 5, empty sac, no yolk. Scan @8 weeks foetal pole and yolk, measured 7+2. Scan @10 weeks measured 9+4. Scan @12 weeks measure 12 weeks! It caught up.

GreedyDuck Sat 18-Mar-17 09:31:06

It is still very early to see anything. My EPU won't scan until 7 weeks.

A week either way at this stage isn't uncommon, and dates can be out slightly. More than a week, if you are sure of your cycle might be a bit worrrying. The waiting is so hard. Fx for you. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now