Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Restless legs

(10 Posts)
CaipirinhasAllRound Fri 17-Mar-17 22:11:55

Ahh! My legs are driving me mad every evening and quite often in bed during the night
A warm bath didn't work, getting up and walking seems to help a bit but anyone get any other recommendations?

PeachPlumPears Fri 17-Mar-17 22:18:16

I had this 😩 I think drinking tonic water is supposed to help. I used to just go to bed as soon as it came on so I could fall asleep before it got too bad!

Bellaboo9 Fri 17-Mar-17 22:21:44

I had found the only way to get rid of it was to put some cold water in the bath (just enough to cover my feet) and sit on the edge with my feet in it for about 5-10 minutes. It was unbearable at first but then it felt warm and felt a lot better. It was the only way I could get to sleep.

HalfStar Fri 17-Mar-17 22:22:32

How many weeks are you? I had this in both pregnancies and both times have been low on iron. You likely need supplements.

HalfStar Fri 17-Mar-17 22:22:34

How many weeks are you? I had this in both pregnancies and both times have been low on iron. You likely need supplements.

Someone22 Fri 17-Mar-17 22:23:58

I use a Magnesium spray on my legs at bedtime.

harleysmammy Sat 18-Mar-17 00:02:27

I have this bad and im low on iron. Its got better touch wood, since ive been on iron. Maybe see about your levels x

iamapixiebutnotaniceone Sat 18-Mar-17 00:04:33

Drink more water and eat a banana before bed. I had this in my first trimester, the midwife also recommended paracetamol. I'm not sure how that helps though?

CaipirinhasAllRound Sat 18-Mar-17 05:59:31

I'm 27 weeks

PeachesandPie Sat 18-Mar-17 06:56:47

I had restless legs before pregnancy and the only thing that helped was keeping my legs really warm as soon as I felt it starting and using a hot water bottle on my legs worked wonders. Stretching a lot also helps but not as much as the heat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now