Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Extreme irritability and irrational anger!!

(6 Posts)
ethelfleda Fri 17-Mar-17 21:37:28

Hello everyone. I've just hit the 5 week mark and I keep having these overwhelming episodes of extreme irritability and it's horrible! It is all directed at myself as well. Tonight for instance I cooked a dinner that was absolutely vile, then realised it was ten to 9 and my entire evening had gone and I haven't done a thing!! No cleaning or exercise or anything remotely productive and I HATE myself for it! I had a ridiculous anger outburst that ended in me crying my eyes out to OH (who is so supportive) and now I am completely drained! Anyone else experience this? I hate the thought of feeling like this indefinitely! The rage that builds up sometimes awful and I just can't seem to stop it and I'm worried feeling like this every day will raise my stress levels and somehow affect the baby!!

ethelfleda Sat 18-Mar-17 09:35:07

Clare2017 Sat 18-Mar-17 10:00:04

Hi,

Not the same thing, but a few weeks ago I was very prone to tears. At the slightest thing. I'm guessing everyone's hormones impacts them differently.

Hang in there. Hopefully it'll pass.

And congratulations.

mrscrocopop Sat 18-Mar-17 15:59:22

I have occasional pregnancy rages. It's normal I think!

Ohyesiam Sat 18-Mar-17 16:15:07

That was me op, I remember saying it was like pms only worse. And lasted 3 months.....

ethelfleda Sat 18-Mar-17 22:04:07

Thank you for your replies... it's horrible because I can't seem to control the rage sometimes and the smallest thing will set me off! Luckily today has been a good day...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: