Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

38 weeks pregnant cramping & lots of pressure

(7 Posts)
kt01 Fri 17-Mar-17 19:45:43

Hi I have 14 days left until my due date, Iv had bad cramps and low back pain the last two days just wondering how long until I expect labour it's also baby no 4 I'm taking 1000mg of evening primrose oil & drinking 3 cups of raspberry leaf tea too.
Also does it really make a difference if I insert a capsule at night.?? Thanks katie :-)

kt01 Fri 17-Mar-17 19:54:24

Hi there I'm currently 38 weeks pregnant with baby no 4 who is back to back, the last two days iv had a lot of pressure in my pelvis & period type pain in my abdomen & sharp stabbing pains in my cervix which are nasty.
Iv been taking evening primrose oil capsules since 34 weeks iv upped them to 1500 mg today I also drink raspberry leaf tea 3xs a day iv heard of people inserting them at night too but does it make a difference?
I hope I don't go overdue I'm planning on having a waterbirth bought my bikini today I just hope I have a straight forward labour.
Anyone else 38 weeks pregnant?? Thanks katie :-)

ILikeSalmon Fri 17-Mar-17 19:57:56

Hi, I'm 39+1
No signs here at all
But I want to be late.
Good luck for the big day

littleoldladywho Fri 17-Mar-17 20:04:31

I was that way for the last two weeks with one of mine. Breathing through contractions, having to stop in the street until they passed, etc. And I have a super high pain threshold. I had a show at 38 weeks and was convinced I was going to give birth any time, but I didn't really go into established labour until my waters broke at 39+6. (He was back to back too)

By number 4, surely you are experienced enough to know that pretty much everything is possible? You could give birth in an hour or in a month. No telling really!

RedCrab Sat 18-Mar-17 10:33:07

38 weeks here and have cramps and pressure in my bum for a couple of weeks. So fed up. Cannot handle my children - 2 and 4 - anymore. They've become completely feral. I just want to hide.

MissJC Sat 18-Mar-17 10:45:58

Kt my baby was back to back with me and I was in labour for 3 days dilating to 4cm before being admitted to hospital, the pain was mostly in my back. Please get checked out before using anything else, sounds like you are in latent phase labour to me. Download a contraction timer on your phone and every time you cramp or get back pain, time it. Thats the first thing triage will ask when you ring "how regular" etc.

I started off on the Friday every half hour or so with period type pain, then by Sunday night they were every 4 mins and felt like my back was being snapped with every one. My DD was here by Monday night.

On the Sat night I went in for a check and was only 3cm, so frustrating!! But the last 6cm happened very quickly.

When in doubt, get checked out! (Just phone Triage lol)

Good luck! Making me broody and mine is only 3 weeks old flowersflowers xxx

kt01 Tue 21-Mar-17 20:25:48

Thanks for all your advice the baby is fully engaged now my midwife advised me to have warm baths & use my tens machine until I think I'm in labour then to phone the birthing centre.
I do hope it's sooner rather than later :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now