Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Wildlife experience during pregnancy

(4 Posts)
ethelfleda Fri 17-Mar-17 16:47:51

Hello all
I am currently 5 weeks. I have a 'binturong/raccoon dog experience booked for next weekend with my mom (who doesn't know I'm pregnant) question is, am I not supposed to do things like this while pregnant?? I can't find anything to say that I shouldn't but am aware of the whole farm animal thing and I didn't know if this is relevant to all non domesticed animals?

Rustler74 Fri 17-Mar-17 18:44:10

Yes @ethelfleda I think it would be wiser to cancel or postpone x toxoplasmosis and other conditions related to wild animals are too dangerous to have when early days pregnant. Check with your gp if in doubt but I'm pretty sure you will get the same answer!

PossumInAPearTree Fri 17-Mar-17 18:52:34

Unless you're going to either handle the raccoon dogs poo or eat the actual raccoon dog I think you'd be fine. Wash your hands well afterwards but from handling the actual animal it's pretty much impossible to get it.

ethelfleda Fri 17-Mar-17 20:41:46

Thanks for your replies x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now