Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

New to all this - cramping in early pregnancy?

(9 Posts)
Jem2013scout Fri 17-Mar-17 15:16:00

Hello ladies.

If all dates are correct as are my two BFP I should be around 4 weeks -

Occasionally getting a dull cramping and a 'wet' feeling down there every now and then, so much so that before I tested I was constantly nipping to the loo and checking AF hadn't arrived. ( I still am actually! I'm still in shock and convinced it can't be real!blush)

Is this normal? New to all this it's my first pregnancy!

TIA smile

Jellybabie3 Fri 17-Mar-17 15:29:41

Oh yes i had this. I was constantly nipping to the loo to check....and the cramping scared me half to death. Thinking about it now though i had just confused my body (by getting preg) so the cramps were my body's way of readjusting. I am now 13 weeks 😊 try to relax....and congrats!!

Lucinda15 Fri 17-Mar-17 15:38:34

Congratulations on ur pregnancy!

Cramping and wetness is totally normal. The cramping is a sign baby is settling in. And you should find an increase in discharge as well, I am 27 weeks pregnant and have needed panty liners every day. With my first pregnancy I spent 4 days dashing to the loo expecting AF to have arrived with the cramping and wet feeling, before I started to Suspect something was up and Dr Google Indiciated I should do a test. My DS is now 5 years old!

I've also had 4 mc's, two very early at 5 weeks and I didn't have cramping with either of those. So I now consider the cramping a very good sign in early pregnancy.

Only worry if it becomes very painful and is accompanied by bleeding.

EdgarAllenPoe Fri 17-Mar-17 15:58:51

I had a lot of cramping up to week 8 with my first. Since there was never any blood, it didn't worry me too much. 5 weeks pregnant now and it's started up again. I too am constantly checking my knickers even so!

Jem2013scout Fri 17-Mar-17 16:53:35

Thanks so much ladies!! Put my mind at rest no end flowers xx

OnNaturesCourse Fri 17-Mar-17 17:24:42

I'm totally in the same boat. The wet feeling is horrible and my heart stops whenever I go to the loo!

Jem2013scout Fri 17-Mar-17 18:00:46

Doesn't it just!! Weird feeling!!

user1489659822 Fri 17-Mar-17 19:52:00

I'm too early to test atm but I keep getting random period type cramps that have been waking me up at night and I keep expecting AF to show up, but no sign yet...

Lemondrop09 Fri 17-Mar-17 20:04:35

I had exactly this, sounds normal to me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now