Talk

Advanced search

BFP and terrified

(10 Posts)
OnNaturesCourse Fri 17-Mar-17 13:01:38

Im only 3+3 so ive found out really early as i was feeling so run down... I now keep reading about chemicals, miscarries, and false positives and im crapping myself and too scared to tell anyone so i cant talk about my worries. Ive got cramps, horrid taste in my mouth and feel shattered after being awake a few hours. I need someone to hold my hand and talk me off the ceiling... 😖 When did you all start telling close family (parents etc) and work etc?

Dilligufdarling Fri 17-Mar-17 13:07:01

Bless you, the first few weeks are indeed a whirlwind! Thebhormonse definitely do not help.
Firstly. STOP GOOGLING!
You probably won't but it's not going to help!
Secondly congratulations!!
When I was early pg the more symptoms I had the better to my mind. I figured that meant my hormones were nice and strong smile

We told parents basically as soon as we knew, and close friends too. But saved the "public" announcements - work and fb etc until after the first scan (at 12 weeks).
I figured that if I needed support, they'd need to know what was going on and there was no reason to keep it from close people.

BakerBear Fri 17-Mar-17 13:07:11

What was the start date of your last period?

Jessiecat27 Fri 17-Mar-17 13:08:51

Hey! I'm 6 weeks on Monday, I only found out last week. False positives are very rare so I wouldn't worry about that, stress will make it all worse just try to relax for now, I know it's hard! I've been barely sleeping, ms has started now and I'm getting awful headaches! I told my work last week for health and safety reasons, told my mum yesterday and oh has told pretty much everyone because he was so excited. I wanted to wait until 12 weeks but whatever will be will be!

OnNaturesCourse Fri 17-Mar-17 15:13:38

Thank you. I thinking of telling the parents at the weekend so there's some support for us both as it's our first.

noelle85 Sat 18-Mar-17 19:22:46

I'm in the same position as you, found out at 3 + 4 and have all the same irrational fears. 🙈

OnNaturesCourse Sun 19-Mar-17 00:23:51

Isn't it horrible? I feel like I constantly need to check... Goodness knows how many sticks I've peed on in the two days since finding out!

Increasinglymiddleaged Sun 19-Mar-17 07:07:30

Cramps are totally normal btw, that's body starting to get ready. Relax and congratulations smile

inkybunny Sun 19-Mar-17 17:27:47

Congratulations! I had cramps until about 5 weeks - like you I found out really early, and I kept feeling like my period was about to start.

I think I took nine tests in all!

OnNaturesCourse Sun 19-Mar-17 19:02:11

Inky... I think I've exceeded that! Just using internet cheapies but puts my mind at ease!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now