Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby growth 9 weeks

(5 Posts)
Twinklelittlestar1 Fri 17-Mar-17 11:46:46

Hi, I had a private scan last week and they put me at 9 weeks which was ahead of what I expected. Nhs scan 6 days later and I measured 9+2 when I was expecting 9+6 based on the earlier scan. I'm concerned baby isn't developing properly and has slowed down, has this happened to anyone else?

DrewOB0 Fri 17-Mar-17 11:51:28

At 9 weeks the baby is only a few
centimetres long, a mis-measurement of 1-2 mm ( easy on a blurry scan) can mean days difference.

Lelly0503 Fri 17-Mar-17 11:53:47

Hiya I think the dates change in the earlier weeks, I had a scan at 10 weeks and at one point it was measuring 10+1 then the baby stretched out and it went to 10+3! That was in a period of 10 mins. It could be at the NHS scan your baby was in a different position. My dates changed all the time. If they had concerns they would of said but unless it's weeks difference I wouldn't worry even though I kno that is near on impossible during pregnancy! Xxx

Twinklelittlestar1 Fri 17-Mar-17 11:58:48

Thanks. Ive realised that the 9+2 does fit exactly with ovulation so I guess that should ease me a bit!

Foggymist Fri 17-Mar-17 12:29:11

It's a matter of days, it's fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now